facebook

fraternity guys

by:    

I went to Haverford College in PA, which had no greek system. My sister will be coming to IU in the fall and wants to join a Sorority so I've been doing some research on the greek life there. Is it just me or does it seem kind of effeminate that the fraternity guys talk about "good" and "bad" sororities and rank the houses, like they are mean girls in middle school? I can't imagine the guys from my school caring about a house's reputation or being seen with girls from the "right" sorority. At my school, if you are attractive to a guy specifically, and are nice and chill, they wanted to hang out with you. It just seems so weird to read posts from guys who are so worried about their image and if their "brothers" would approve of them socializing with a girl from a particular house. It's just odd.

Posted By: East Coaster
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I know what you mean. I spent the weekend at IU visiting a friend. Every guy asked me what house I was in before starting a conversation. I don't think they realize how douchey they sound. It really is kind of unmanly to pre-screen girls before you decide if they are good enough to talk to. My brothers would die laughing if their friends implied they could only talk to certain "fraternity approved" girls. Guys who can think for themselves are the most attractive to girls.

By: ugh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

That is so funny, I have always thought that most fraternity guys were a little fem. As a pledge, I went to a party once and two guys approached me and one asked me what house I was in. After I told him, his friend nodded at him like it was okay to proceed with the conversation. I laughed in their faces and walked away. After several experiences like that, I always seemed to be attracted to guys not in fraternities. They just seemed more masculine and sure of themselves. Who wants to date someone who cares so much about what their fraternity brothers think of them?

By: haha
#3by:    

rank the sororities much, they generally talk about fraternity stuff if anything. Most of the sorority stuff is from girls. That said, independents more self-assured and manly in general? That's a laugh.

By: Most guys don't
#4by:    

If you look around any campus with a big Greek life, the fraternity guys are a far larger percentage of the alpha, type A personality, gregarious people. Not saying all fraternity guys are and all independents aren't, but the percentage of masculine and outgoing guys in Greek life is definitely bigger. It's great that your boyfriend isn't Greek, but what you're saying doesn't fit reality.

By: Greek
#5by:    

you realize girls pose as guys a lot on this site right? If the post sounds a lot like it was written by a girl it probably was.

By: Uhhhh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.