facebook

greek life needs improvement

by:    

Although I'm a Junior in a "top tier" house, I still don't understand why our Greek Life has to suck so much. All anyone cares about here is how much better their house is than one another. Why can't we just have each others back instead of stabbing each other in the back. Who cares about rank, I thought Greek life was about one unified community that works together to be something great. We're held at a higher standard then the rest of MSU so why don't we start acting like it. We could be so much better if we all worked as one. Thoughts?

Posted By: ConsiderThis
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Personally in my classes/socials/events I'd rather talk to/be with other greeks (no matter what tier they're in) than a GDI lol

By: i agree
#2by:    

Of course there will always be a bottom tier, but if higher tier houses helped those houses out (in real life as well as by not pointlessly bashing them on this site), MSU Greek Life would be so much better overall.

By: exactly
by: Actually   

I would argue its the bottom houses that bash the top houses.

By: Actually
by: no   

that's why when lower tier houses are brought up the answer is "who care they're irrelevant"

By: no
#3by:    

As another guy in a "top tier" house, it doesn't exactly work that way. Rivalries are where it's at. But fraternities are so different at msu that its kinda tough. A few are more prep school/country club-esque while some are very diverse and all over the place. Doesn't mix all that well. Sororities are more similar too each other. They honestly need to quit bashing.

By: Well
#4by:    

"Although I'm a Junior in a "top tier" house, I still don't understand why our Greek Life has to suck so much. All anyone cares about here is how much better their house is than one another."

Greek Life sucks, in part, because you started your post with "I'm a junior in a top tier house". Think about it. It's pretty much that simple. Want it to suck less, make it less about "tiers" and more about community.

By: FRAT
by: Lily   

^ this

By: Lily
#5by:    

I was Greek at MSU in the late 80's. When I was there I had no idea how dysfunctional the Greek system was until I started meeting Greeks from around the country.

MSU Greeks eat their own and the system will never flourish like it should at a Big Ten campus until people can move pass the ridiculous tiers. I'm knowledgeable about recruitments nationally. Sorority recruitment is up all over the country at large universities. Record numbers of PNMs all over the place. And yet MSU is a disaster. It's really sad.

Why the university doesn't realize the value of a strong Greek system and do all it can to support it is beyond me.

The system is only as strong as the weakest chapter. When the sororities deliberately sabotage each other, the system has no chance of ever being healthy or relevant.

By: MSU Spartan girl

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.