facebook

do people at state actually make new friends?

by:    

Literally half my hs is coming here this fall. It seems all the alums from my hs that came here in '16 and '15 only hang w the same friends from their hometown. Most of the girls are still dating the boys they literally took to like 10th grade homecoming. No hate, just doesn't seem very "college" ... is MSU just the same high school cliques hanging w each other?

Posted By: 248
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

ITS POSSIBLE TO HAVE MORE THAN ONE FRIEND GROUP.
just keep your damn friends from high school because its better than cutting them off, and then go out and make new friends.

By: jesus
by: negative   

it's really not. i'm getting my masters rn and everyone I know stayed friends with all their high school friends the entire time. very little movement of friend groups. some people want that, I think it's g-y af

By: negative
#12by:    

To sit around and talk about what house they're going to rush -- if you're rushing sororities, newsflash -- you are rushing ALL of them. You must go to every house you are invited to during every round. And because it's fairly competitive I suggest you give it your best shot at each and every house. You may think you belong in a certain house but you may end up getting cut from that house. You need to have an open mind to ALL houses. It will all work out the way it is supposed to so just enjoy the process and be happy that any house wants to give you a bid.

By: Truth

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#13by:    

all the MSU 2017s I know just moved to Chicago or Royal Oak and are living with friends from high school.

By: honestlyyy
by: And   

So what. Is they are happy with their choices why does anyone care

By: And
by: What??!!   

^^You clearly don't know very many people because that simply isn't true. Here is some free advice, if you don't know what you are talking about, please keep your opinion to yourself.

By: What??!!
by: ehh   

Why are kids so hostile at someone for pointing out facts? State is like 80% in-state kids (and 15% Chinese) and it's easy to get into = large % of high school classes come here.

Nobody cuts off all their high school friends, they come here TOGETHER as a clique and they never leave their bubble. They never make new friends because everyone from high school is hanging out with kids from their own high school. Just the way it is.

If you want to make new friends you can't go to a college where 100 kids a year from your high school go.

By: ehh
#14by:    

I know MSU is like this which is why I'm only coming here for one year. Applying to transfer during this fall semester. 4.0 for two terms and I'm outtie.

By: yup
#15by:    

Choose a house that has people there are all from your home town.

By: Msu Greek
#16by:    

Choose a house that has people there are all from your home town.

By: Msu Greek
#17by:    

Just talk to people

By: Boi
#18by:    

Let me guess... Birmingham? Lol

By: lol
by: biggest cliques   

Birmingham
"Bloomfields"
Rochester
Troy
Novi
Northville
Brighton
Grand Rapids Forest Hills

By: biggest cliques
#19by:    

After rush week the answer is: F%$# NO, nobody here makes new friends. Legacies and the same high school friends is every top house.

By: FACTS
by: Aw   

Bitter much

By: Aw

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.