facebook

sigma chi or pike?

by: Alexander23

I'm going to rush Sigma Chi and Pike next semester, and I had some questions. What are your opinions of these two houses? What are their stereotypes? Which is considered better? Also, how hard is it to get a bid to either of these houses?

Posted By: Alexander23
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GoGreek   

I wouldn't limit your options to just both of these houses. Obviously you've been here for a semester and know a bit about both of them but there are tons of other great houses on campus. Sig Eps and Delta Chi are two great houses both on the rise, Pike is starting to single themselves out from the rest of the greek community on campus limiting themselves to communication with only a couple houses on campus. Sororities are starting to love both Sig Eps and Delta Chi due to how much fun and how open these houses are to anything. Great guys, Great times.

By: GoGreek
#2  by: Sparty   

First, don't limit yourself and that's coming from someone in one of those two houses. See what fits well with you. Just because they might be a "top" house doesn't mean you'll get along with the majority of the guys in either house. Check out several houses. Talk to the guys. The experience you have in a house is not going to be determined solely by which one may be the most popular. If you're looking for a big house, check out the biggest 5-6 houses and see what you think. Another reason not to bank on just two houses is because few big houses need the numbers anymore, you're only going to get a bid from a house that really likes you and thinks you would be a good fit. If you're going to be spending the next 3.5+ years in a house, you better like that house, and most of the guys there. Or else you either deactivate or become a bad brother.

By: Sparty
#3  by: wow   

Jesus Christ, Dchi and Sig Ep, that wasnt obvious self promotion or anything. Both have issues, if you want the best go Pike, Sigma Chi, Fiji, or Snu, if you care about brotherhood then look at those 4 plus the other 8 or so that really matter on campus.

By: wow
#4  by: This   

Neither of these houses are hard to get into. Every fraternity accepts any relatively decent kid....Just don't suck

By: This
#5  by: Holly   

I would NOT rush Pike. They are known to be the biggest douche bags on campus. I would never date/hook up with a Pike.

By: Holly
#6  by: .   

sig chi is more respected on campus. pike has good parties but that's pretty much it

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.