facebook

additions to greek life

by: GoGreek

Its almost comical that Fraternities can just pop up and disappear while Sororities have remained the same for the past decade if not longer.I really wish The stupid Co-ops would disband and Panhell would get their act together so MSU could add some more houses. I hear Tri Delt wants to be on Campus. Wouldnt it be great to have a new house that has no expectations to jump in. Automatically I bet they would be middle tier after 5 years

Posted By: GoGreek
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: @GoGreek   

You are stupid, alpha xi delta is returning to michigan state this fall. so new sorority for everyone to enjoy

By: @GoGreek
#2  by: Iknowgreek   

Tri Delta was at MSU for many years and was a strong, middle tier-type house. Not sure when they left (1992?) or why. They had been established at MSU since 1948. Their house was on the corner of M.A.C. & Burcham, I believe. Not sure what is there now. I know Tri Delta is very strong at southern universities. Too bad they don't have a presence anymore at State. Btw, I'm an MSU/Theta alum.

Fraternities have less internal older adult supervision/management than sororities, which may account for their more frequent closures/troubles. Sororities tend to have better alumni support/supervision, as well.

By: Iknowgreek
#3  by: @Iknowgreek   

You really dont know greek, their are a number of fraternities at MSU that are particularly stable and have generous alumni support

By: @Iknowgreek
#4  by: Iknowgreek   

^I was making a generalization - note the word "tend." ;) I never stated unequivocally that ALL fraternities have management issues. Obviously, SOME, perhaps the majority, have stable houses. ;) Haven't done a scientific study on the current group of fraternities at MSU. ;) In fact, I hope they all are doing well. I do, however, stand by my statement. A handful of fraternities have been suspended or closed at MSU over the past 30 years, most due to the lack of ability to manage their members' behavior, or their finances. Very, very few sororities have left campus in that same time frame. Perhaps the success of MSU sororities has to do with the house mother system, and maybe the fraternity issues have more to do with the fact that fraternities tend (there's that unscientific word again!) to attract guys who would rather party than achieve academically. That is the fraternity reputation at MSU, and at many universities, to be honest. Lack of focus on academics is why most universities hate the greek system. More trouble than they are worth with little enhancement to the university's reputation. It is why Vassar College has never allowed a greek system. In fact, at most elite universities, the greek system is quite small.

Also-- are you really in college? You used the wrong form of "there." ;)

By: Iknowgreek
#5  by: Co-ops though   

Yeah, co ops are the worst. They attract low-lifes to East Lansing. Those buildings would be better used for the Greek system. Or at the very least, apartments where actual students could live, not these ridiculous hippies.

By: Co-ops though

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.