facebook

sororities

by:    

Is anyone rushing spring? If so, who do you have in mind? I'm thinking KD, ZTA, or Tridelt. Anyone else? Thoughts? Should I wait until Fall? Thanks!

Posted By: Spring rush
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I'm so glad that you've considered going Greek because it was honestly the best decision I've ever made! But that's all because of the great sisterhood my sorority shares. However, the sororities you've named in your post have me convinced that you aren't joining for sisterhood, considering KD, ZTA, and tri delt are the three worst possible preferences you could have. They recruit based off of looks so if that's what you're going for, by all means join. But if you actually want something real and not something as superficial as a pretty face and some instagram likes, then I would advise you not to go in with 3 in mind. If you, and anyone else out there reading this, are thinking about rushing spring, PLEASE try to visit more houses than just 1 or 2 that you THINK would be a god fit for you. I promise the girls and sisterhood is not always what they promote it to look like. If you are willing to wait until fall so you have the chance to met every sorority, I highly suggest fall formal recruitment!

By: honestly

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: lol   

Just because they recruit based on looks doesn't mean some of them dont have a good sisterhood. Some of those that you've named, I've only heard good things about their sisterhood. The same way you don't want someone to judge middle / bottom sororities based on the cover, maybe you should give that same courtesy to the top tiers, too.

By: lol
by: ^   

You and I both know that all 3 top tier sororities never have anything good said about their sisterhood. That isn't just rumors either, I've heard it come from the mouths of ztas, kds, and tri delts. I have multiple friends in each sorority who regret getting initiated into such an awful sisterhood, and now they're stuck. If you think about it, it makes sense: when you recruit people solely based on how pretty they are, not taking into consideration their values or personalities, then the sisterhood is bound for trouble because no one has anything in common. That's just simply the truth. You said it yourself, those sororities do recruit on looks, and that's simply the kind of sisterhood you get when the only standard you hold is physical appearance. And as far as the bottom/mid tier sororities goes, why do you think you hear such great things about their sisterhoods? Or I guess a better way to phrase that would be why don't you hear as much crap about their sisterhood as you hear from the top tiers? It's because they take into account more important things; they actually connect and bond and like each other. There is no argument, that's literally just how it is.

By: ^
by: lol   

funny because I've heard negative things about the sisterhoods of EVERY sorority here. even the most "accepting" ones, I've heard horrible things from the mouths of sisters about how much their sisterhood sucks. it honestly depends on how happy each individual is in her sorority. an involved / active girl would say she has a great sisterhood while someone who doesn't come around would say theirs is bad. how can you speak for another sorority's sisterhood when you have no idea what's it like from the inside. meanwhile some of my friends in bottom / middle tiers consistently complain about how mean their sisters are while I have nothing but good things to say about my top tier sorority. like I said, it's all a matter of individual perspective.

By: lol
#2by:    

Have any of those chapters even announced if they're doing spring recruitment yet?

By: Uh
#3by:    

register for spring fling and you can see if they're doing spring recruitment or not, if not then you can still talk to them and get to know them and rush in the fall

By: best bet
#4by:    

It seems like ZTA is doing spring rush, KD might but I don't think TriDelt is.
Try to go in with an open mind! If Spring Fling doesn't feel right, try out Fall Rush.

By: FYI
#5by:    

Tri delt is

By: 000
#6by:    

Just keep in mind that while these chapters may be taking new member classes, their events might be invite-only and they may only take a handful of girls. Don't set your sights on only a few chapters without giving the others a chance because you could end up disappointed.

By: ...
by: Truth^   

I'm in a middle tier sorority and we can only take so few that it will easy to fill with girls that sisters already know.
For us the right new member is more important than the way she looks, so taking girls who know sisters already and can mesh well with the chapter is our goal.

By: Truth^

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.