facebook

what happened to dg here?

by:    

I know that ucf had a delta gamma chapter at some point but then it was closed. Anyone know why?

Posted By: Fsu dg
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

One of my older sister's friends was a dg here. They got kicked off for hazing or something I think

By: Ayy
by: Dg   

^ no. Not true.

By: Dg
#2by:    

They were shut down about 7 years ago. They were the dead last bottom sorority on campus and got down to about 40 girls which is too small to be competitive. So their nationals closed them and all actives were made alum.

by: Hmm   

Surprised they were dead last. They're so good nationally and really strong in this state in general

By: Hmm
by: Dg   

My real life oldest sister was in a ucf sorority at the time and she told me, her roommate freshman year went DG the year they shut down.
They didn't have nearly enough girls and they had a bad reputation for looks and no unity or cohesion. Not being up to DG's high standards probably contributed.
Oh and I texted her and she said it was more like early 2007.

#3by:    

I'm not sure but I wish we had it here. They're so good at fsu and uf. My mom was a dg at fsu and it would've been cool to follow in her footsteps. Still love my sorority though!

By: Idrk

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

They didn't have a lot of girls and their nationals just didn't really see them as being up to their standards so they got shut down. The reason dg is so strong nationally is because their nationals makes sure that none of their chapters are super below quota or have no involvement or low gpa's. DG doesn't like being on the bottom, so they'd rather shut it down at a school it isn't thriving at than just let it keep going

By: Well
#5by:    

I heard they hazed a lot and made girls drink until they threw up and that's why they were kicked off?

By: Wait
by: Wrong   

Nope

By: Wrong
#6by:    

Dg executive offices likes to always be the best, so if they see a charger is struggling they will usually shut it down if it doesn't get better after a while. That's what happened here. It's a shame because they're so strong in this state and the south in general

#7by:    

Dg nationals hates being bottom tier so they ended the chapter. It'd be nice to see them recolonize here!

By: !
#8by:    

We don't need any more chapters so hopefully they stay off

By: Guest
#9by:    

Just because DG is top elsewhere doesn't mean they'd magically be here. They'd come on as an unhoused sorority, and be bottom tier as long as they didn't have a house like every other unhoused sorority. I doubt DG would colonize here as long as they couldn't get a house bc they want to be top.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.