facebook

end the discrimination

by:    

Black Greek lives matter, let's show that. Ucf should give the newly vacant theta chi to a multicultural or historically African American chapter, since NONE have houses.

Posted By: Michelle
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

That would be the right thing to do

By: Fam
#2by:    

ucf isn't just "giving" the house to anyone. if a DGC Chapter wanted the house then shouldn't they apply for it?

By: .
by: Michelle   

It should be given to DGC/NPHC after the whole rest of the street been given to ifc and pan. It's the right thing to do.

By: Michelle
#3by:    

Those chapters would need to apply for it and have the money ready. The issue is that they're all a lot smaller than the ifc/pan chapters and they simply wouldn't be able to afford the house and they don't have the numbers to fill it. The house isn't a gift, it goes to whoever can pay for it.

By: problem
#4by:    

Michelle, I agree with you that NPHC/DGC should have a house on campus, but the reality is that those councils tend to be way significantly smaller than IFC/PAN. An average PAN chapter has about 150 women, and an IFC chapter averages around 60. I have a lot of friends in NPHC sororities and they are very small. For the NPHC sorotrities, the AKA's have 34 girls, DST has 12-13 girls, SGR has 3 girls and ZPB has 7 girls. I mean there's no way they can afford a house unless each member is paying $10,000 a semester, basically tuition.

Before throwing the #BlackLivesMatter quote out in the air do your research. If you are in a DGC/NPHC chapter make a checklist:
- Does your chapter have the numbers to fill a house?
- Will your members be able to pay for the house consistently?
- Does the national for your sorority/fraternity want you to live in a greek house on campus?
- Does you chapter/national have the insurance, contracts, liabilities, etc. to get ready to move into the new house?

Additionally, The UCF Greek Life Administration is not just giving them a house because of white privilege. A lot of paper work, insurance, liabilities and contracts go into letting a greek chapter have a house on campus. And the most important is having the money for paying the house. If you ain't got the money, UCF Greek Life Administration doesn't wanna talk.

By: Reality
#5by:    

Houses weren't/aren't just "given" to anyone. The members pay for them. If any other chapters from different Greek councils want houses on campus they need the money and the numbers to fill them. It's not "discrimination" to not hand them a free house when it could go to a chapter that can actually afford it and can fill the beds.

By: uh
#6by:    

Honestly I'm feeling really attacked by all these posts and that's just proving my point more. This safe space is definitely needed to protect students from this kind of talk.

By: Michelle
by: okay   

lmfaoo okay clearly you're joking

By: okay
by: Reality    

Michelle, No one is attacking you. If you want to end your curiosity as to why NPHC/ DGC don't have houses on campus, contact the Greek life office and they'll be glad to explain the process. If your members are willing to pay $10,000 a semester to have a house on campus, they'll be glad to jump all over that.

By: Reality
#7by:    

Michelle is right black Greek lives do matter. But I think non Greek lives matter as well. That's why gazoni should get the house

By: I agree
by: Gazoni   

I am starting to think someone is trolling Gazoni because there's no way they could be as ridiculous and clueless as they appear in comments supposedly posted by them...
I mean maybe...

By: Gazoni
#8by:    

Calling people from African decent "black" is an ignorant and outdated marginalization. Ando "giving" them a house implies that they are incapable of obtaining their own house which is a typical micro-aggression. Trust me bro I'm PC.

By: PC principal

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.