facebook

spring fling

by: Curious

Which sorority chapters are more accepting of a size 13/14 girl with braids? I'm not skinny like the typical sorority girl, so any input would help. Gracias.

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Homestly   

Bottom tiers tend to be more diverse/accepting, so any of those with the exception of maybe kappa

By: Homestly
#2  by: Curious   

How about middle tiers or top tiers? They one want one type of girl as well?

By: Curious
by: ehDec 9, 2015 5:23:43 PM

Top tiers definitely care about looks and only taking specific kinds of girls. I've honestly never seen any "bigger" girls in any middle tiers either. I'm about the same size as you and I'm in a bottom tier and I'm definitely not like the odd one out or anything. Like someone else said, of the bottoms chi o and gamma phi are going to be more open to diversity than dz and aephi from what I've seen.

By: eh
#3  by: hm   

I would think among the different bottoms, chi o/aephi/dz/gphi that chi o and gphi would be more accepting than aephi or dz which don't really have as much diversity
Most top tiers are probably not participating in spring
Some middles might, it depends on your personality and how you click with the girls
If you don't get a bid, its not a big deal and you can come back in the fall when they're able to accept bigger PCs

By: hm
#4  by: spring pnm   

you should just email and ask

By: spring pnm
by: wtfDec 12, 2015 5:59:17 AM

uh...don't do that

By: wtf
#5  by: 2016   

Kappa and Chi O are taking very few girls this year due to amazing retention from fall rush and not many seniors graduating this fall

By: 2016
by: weirdDec 9, 2015 5:26:30 PM

I heard chi o has a lot of girls graduating this fall?

By: weird
by: SameDec 10, 2015 12:50:34 PM

I just looked on their insta and they have 11 girls graduating. That's a lot for fall, considering some chapters have only like 4 or 5

By: Same
by: KappaDec 10, 2015 8:12:53 PM

They can only participate because of about 15 seniors graduating which is a lot, but being one of the biggest sororities they still won't be able to take many. Assume they'll probably only take friends of girls and that leaves all the bottom tiers who are accepting of diversity.
Maybe Theta too?

By: Kappa
#6  by: So...   

So basically the more diversity a chapter has, the more bottom tier they are? And what's the big deal about KD, TriDelta and ZTA? Is it because they're all skinny blondes with blue eyes? Is that the new norm of beauty or what? KD doesn't even participate in anything on campus, yet there top tier.

By: So...
by: finally...Dec 12, 2015 2:09:44 AM

yes... preach.... this is on point

By: finally...
by: ^^Dec 12, 2015 10:08:24 AM

Exactly. Except the hair color doesnt have to be blonde.

Tiers are based on looks only and that's the truth.

By: ^^
by: hmDec 12, 2015 12:36:00 PM

age must have something to do with it too because most top tiers have been on campus the longest where the middle and bottom tiers haven't been here as long

you can make just as many memories in a middle or bottom tier so just forget about tier system in general

By: hm
#7  by: Truth    

Greek life has always been superficial, just how it is/always will be. If you don't like the fact that top tiers only choose girls based on looks why would you want to be a part of that group of people? Everyone puts way too much of an emphasis on being top tier, you will still meet plenty of people and make tons of memories choosing a middle tier or even some bottom tiers. There are a couple you might want to stay away from I will admit though..

What's not cool is these "top tier" girls with terrible personalities belittling women in lower tier sororities. Grow up and realize that everyone is in it for the same reason, show respect to everyone and never put yourself above other just because of your letters. Also, don't take this as me bashing top tiers, I am in a fraternity and have met amazing girls from every single sorority on this campus.

End rant, sorry felt like this had to be said and I needed a break from "studying".

By: Truth
by: PanDec 12, 2015 4:37:02 PM

It's so sad when a frat guy notices and calls pan out for what it really is, but he's 100% right

By: Pan

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.