facebook

fsu to ucf

by: transferring soon

leaving fsu to come to ucf, i was not in greek life there, how does the greek life here compare? do people here have as much fun and go crazy like some people at fsu?

Posted By: transferring soon
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Different but worth it   

Greek life is definitely smaller here at UCF than at FSU. UCF is a much younger school not as rooted in tradition as FSU, and has a slightly different student body. There's a little less interest in greek life here at UCF because of that, so our orgs are more relaxed and a little less formal. But I would still encourage you to go greek! Our sororities and fraternities are very active on campus and its a great way to get to know people, just like at FSU. As far as partying goes, most of it will be off campus since the majority of our fraternities have off campus houses and Orlando isn't a "college town" so to speak like Tally. Greeks here tend to hang out and party at bars/clubs/downtown. College is college so there will always be partying. Frat parties may not be quite as large, but there's always one to get into every weekend somewhere. I would also say greek orgs are a little more open here at UCF than FSU, and you'll see less "Cookie cutter" types in fraternities and sororities here. All in all you'll get the best feel for it by at least going through recruitment, which is also much more relaxed here. Worth a shot!

By: Different but worth it
#2  by: ^   

like the above said, give it a shot. its more informal but theres a lot of fun to be had and memories to be made

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.