facebook

real story on kappa delta

by: Curious Alum

I see a lot of self ranking and a lot of petty jealousy between Chapters, but am I curious about the "real" Kappa Delta story. What is their overall reputation in the greek community. I don't care about their "hotness" factor or dateability. I am interested in knowing what is the Chapter really like as far as their community involvement, campus involvement, courtesies to other fraternities and sororities, and if any Kappa Delta sisters and pledges would weigh in -- their sisterhood and support from National.

Posted By: Curious Alum
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yo   

Who cares, they're hot

By: Yo
#2  by: .   

Well they are pretty, but if you don't want looks, here's what they are like: They are known for being very mean and unfriendly. Of course there are always exceptions to that rule, but for the most part, that's their reputation. During recruitment they are known to talk crap about other sororities they feel threatened by. Frats like hanging out with them because they're hot but usually have a bad time with them because they're very clique-y and are known to stand around on their phones taking selfies instead of talking to people outside their circle. A lot of girls drop due to catty-ness. They are strong nationally though so if that's what your interested in, that helps. They are strong recruiters.

By: .
#3  by: tbh   

it's my opinion that the way girls treat other girls not in their sorority or guys who aren't top tier says a lot about a person's character, and when it comes to 9/10 KD's I've met, I would say their character is not good. As soon as they found out I was in a bottom tier they immediately stopped pretending to have any interest in me as a person and that's something that people notice. I try not to judge someone based on their letters, but it's hard not to when everyone you meet fits the stereotype, and tbh when I see a girl wearing KD on her shirt my opinion of them is already bias and not in a good way.

By: tbh
#4  by: Ha!    

They are the least courteous women I've ever meant. Think they're better than everyone and treat everyone accordingly.
They expect everyone to participate in their philanthropy but seem to only attend ones that will help their social status.
They're killer recruiters but That's part of the fakeNess that keeps them in the top.

By: Ha!
#5  by: Curious Alum   

Thank you for all of the courteous replies.

The Kappa Delta Motto is "Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest" which is taken from a Bible verse (Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things). It appears by the comments made to his post that this Chapter has abandoned the true meaning of our KD Motto and is focusing on traits and qualities that are the antithesis of our founders reason for establishing this sorority. Not sure what, if anything can or will be done. I plan to forward these comments on with the hopes that National Headquarters will take a long, hard look at this Chapter.

By: Curious Alum
#6  by: Another Opinion   

Oddly enough a KD is why I decided to rush. I had a class with a girl who was a pledge at the time and she would always talk about KD and I could tell how much she loved it. She ended up being one of the nicest people (and I had the perception that she wasn't before I ever actually talked to her which I'm so glad I was wrong about). I've never had a KD be rude to me and I've seen them go out of their way to just say hey to my sisters. I have nothing but good things to say about them and have never understood why there has been so much hate on them and so much love on others that I have seen rude on multiple occasions. I wish KD would have done spring recruitment when I rushed because of how kind and respectful I've seen them be.

By: Another Opinion

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.