facebook

gpb and dz

by:    

I'm rushing this fall and I really want to go in with an open mind but I'm just curious about anyone's personal views on Gamma Phi and Delta Zeta. Are they nice girls? I don't care that they don't have a house, I just like them so far because the dues are low haha. I'm not very trusting of the Greek ranking so yeah.

Posted By: Hey
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

You're going to get the same replies from everyone on these posts so I'm just going to go ahead and say it.
You need to go into recruitment with an OPEN MIND OF EVERYONE. Having a preference or asking about sororities BEFORE even meeting them is not going to help you. You have to trust the process. You will find the people you get along with.
You really should NOT be basing your sisterhood on the amount of dues. The amount you pay should not be a part of deciding which house your belong to or who you feel a connection with.

By: Same Old Same Old
#2by:    

trust me money was a deciding factor for me as well. I have friends in DZ and from what I can tell they have a genuine sisterhood! Don't think you have to pay a lot for a great sisterhood

By: Well

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

What good are low dues of you don't like the girls? Not that I'm saying you won't but you can't pick your sorority on dues alone. Obviously you can't bankrupt your family to join a sorority but keep an open mind and, if you like them AND their dues are reasonable, then it's a win. Also dues are fluid so a housed sorority could get picked off campus and one of them get the house and then dues double, so that shouldn't be a deciding factor.
PS: the SAME people who post those ranking are the people who reply on discussions so you're not exactly going to get unbiased here if someone says they love or hate them. I like every girl I've met from both but you may hate the same girls so it's not that helpful

By: Dues
#4by:    

Just so you know Gamma phi beta's dues are the same as kkg and AxiD. ChiO is only a little more and all those are great options

By: Keep in mind
#5by:    

As a sister in Gamma Phi I can say that not having a house has no negative effect on our sisterhood. We have amazing retreats, we all get ready for events together, and a lot of us still live together. I love my sisters. My sisters are amazing and inspiring women who push me to be a better person everyday. They are an incredible support system who have been there for me since day one. The only downside is that I let the tier thing get in the way during formal recruitment and dropped them after the first round and I didn't get to see what wonderful women they really are until spring fling. Just because Gamma phi was the right place for me doesn't mean it will be the right place for you though. Go in with an open mind and trust the system.

By: Gpb
#6by:    

I saw that Chi O, KKG and AXD don't have expensive dues, but I'm looking for a diverse sisterhood. I know that seems crazy because it's Panhellenic lol. I can't get that hazing thing out of mind for Chi O, and I don't see KKG and AXD as diverse.

By: Hy
by: Diverse   

Why would you assume KKG and AXiD are not Diverse? I saw a lot of diversity at both houses going through last year at recruitment and in pan etc. Without having met them, it's kind of judgemental to assume they're not. Also you may not SEE a lot of diversity but there's some diversity that isn't visible and doesn't mean they're not open to it too.
I definitely think you need to be more open minded and see for yourself because you have several preconceived notions that simplysimply aren't true.

By: Diverse

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.