facebook

should i even rush?

by:    

I'm just looking for genuine advice for the week other than the typical "be yourself". I'm super nervous and am wondering if rushing is even worth it. I'm out of state and from a very small town. Around here I am considered a good looking girl but I'm a size 6 and although I come from a wealthy family I don't know how I'll compare to the traditional Florida born and raised girls. Is it even worth the stress and all that to rush? Someone please help!!

Posted By: PNM
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

It is definitely worth it! It's totally normal to be nervous, especially coming from out of state. But don't worry if you're considered attractive or what size you are. Most sororities are only looking for you to present yourself well and dress to complement your body. Sure, some sororities are more judgemental about looks, but most care more about your personality and how you present yourself. Definitely give it a try and keep an open mind throughout the week! If it ends up not being for you, that's fine, but it could end up being one of the best decisions you'll make in college! Good luck and have fun!

By: Yes
#2by:    

I'll be 100% honest. Rush is STRESSFUL. It's a full week of anxiety and tears and sleepless nights. But come bid day? It's all worth it. Running home to your future sisters feels like floating on air. Even if you maybe don't get your first choice and you're unsure running home, if you give it a chance you'll fall in love with it.
UCF is a large commuter school so you'd be surprised at how many girls going through rush are from out of state and just as lost as you. And tbh, being in a sorority is the best thing for an out of state girl because it's 100+ sisters willing to help you get to know the campus and the area, instead of you being lost and alone for your first semester. My advice is 100% to rush.

By: gossipgirl
#3by:    

you should definitely rush just don't look at adpi. All the girls smell bad

By: Yea

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Yes!   

I'm not an adpi but your comment is just stupid.

By: Yes!
#4by:    

Although I urge you to rush, I don't think you have the right idea about any of it.

It doesn't matter how pretty you are, how smart you are, what size you are, what financial background your family is, there is a home for you if you are willing to find it.

I think maybe you should think about WHY you want to rush and then decide from there. It is not a question that can be answered by anyone besides yourself.

We will all tell you to rush and that it's the best thing ever (because it is, and because it changed my life for the better) but only you can make the decision on if it's worth the "stress".

Personally, if everyone stopped stressing about recruitment. It would be a lot easier for all of us.

By: Yes, Rush
#5by:    

You could sit out fall and do spring rush?! Just an idea, it's way less stressful, and although you might not get into a "top house," all the sororities here are really strong and you'll probably find a great bunch of sisters. I didn't rush out of fear, and ALWAYS regretted not doing it. If joining a sorority if it interests you, keep an open mind, DO IT, and just be you! It's like dating, you want someone who falls in love with you. Not "fake you," but YOU. :) You have a lot to offer. Don't forget that.

By: spring rush

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.