facebook

what is it like opening your bid card?

by:    

I'm so excited for rush. Watching all the Bid Day videos makes me really happy haha. What's it like opening your bid card and everyone running to their new sisters? I'd love to hear about your bid day experience as a whole. Even negative stories. Thanks!

Posted By: curious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If you get the sorority of your choice, it's the best feeling in the world. You can't stop smiling and you just can't wait to run home. You feel on top of the world. When I look back to bid day and remember seeing my first choice top sorority, I felt invincible. Nothing could bring me down. I called my mom and said I felt like that day wasn't even real.

If you don't get the sorority of your choice, it's disappointing. You feel sad because everyone around you is happy. Some girls cry, which is okay. But still, run home and give it a try. There's a chance it could work out for the better. You may not be happy at first but later down the road you could be thankful you stayed.

By: .
#2by:    

When I found out I got my top choice I was estatic. I cried and couldn't wait to run home to the girls.
The next year's recruitment, the girl I was assigned to hang out with on Bid Day I'd never met before and she seemed aloof and quiet all day, like she was bored and didn't want to be there. Months later once we'd become good friends, she confessed that she'd put Zeta as her first choice and she was extremely disappointed she didn't get them and considered dropping all day. She said, looking back and how nice everyone was from bid day on, she believes we were the right chapter and things worked out for the the way they should have and she couldn't imagine being in another sorority.
In other woworwords, No matter what sorority you get, commit to giving it a try as you never know how it may work outm

By: Bid Day

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.