facebook

non-traditional students

by:    

I'm 23 and have a child, but I'll be starting here in the fall as a freshman and want to join a sorority. Would the sororities here be accepting of me?

Posted By: nontradgirl
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

i don't think so

By: Well
#2by:    

My sorority's national policy actually doesn't allow members with kids. Idk about the others but my sorority feels like money should go to your child not sorority dues

By: Sorry

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

I really think you should use the (large) amount of money you'd spend on a sorority to support your child

By: no judgement, but
by: nontradgirl   

Honestly I wouldn't be considering this if money was an issue.

By: nontradgirl
by: Rush   

How rude to assume bc she has a kid at 23 she can't afford a sorority!! We took a married PNM in my sorority so it may be worth it to check it out. You can drop recruitment if it doesn't work for you

By: Rush
#4by:    

Yeah my sorority also does not allow member with children. I'm honestly not sure why the rule is there but it from nationals. Sorry I wish I could change it :/

By: Sorry
#5by:    

Think about the time commitment too. You have chapter every Sunday, philanthropies to attend, socials/other functions, you basically wouldn't have time to hold a position, IM games to play in or watch, as well as just hanging with your sisters for fun in your down time. You can't exactly do this while still managing school and taking care of your child. If you can't come around and do stuff, why even join?

By: Well
#6by:    

the whole having a child thing aside, your age alone will make rush difficult for you. not impossible, but you'll have a much harder time than the younger girls going through

By: tbh
#7by:    

a lot of these girls are a lot less mature than a person that is 23 and has a kid. it might not be your scene. But i guess if you're chill, pretty and maybe dont bring up the kid thing right away... you might be good idk

By: plus

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.