facebook

sorority rush

by:    

Do any of the sororities here have specific rules against taking upperclassmen? I've heard people say that some chapters' nationals have rules against it but that doesn't seem like it'd be true. If it is though I just want to know so I know not to get my heart set on that house during recruitment if I don't even stand a chance since I'm a junior.

Posted By: junior
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I'm pretty sure no sorority has rules against taking upperclassmen, however some only take a few or none at all. If a chapter is going to cut you based on age, it would most likely be after the first round so I don't think you could really get your hopes up that soon.

By: I think
#2by:    

Some nationals do advise against taking upperclassmen. For example, I know that my sorority's nationals only lets us take juniors if they're like extraordinary additions to our chapter, but it's not impossible to take one.
I'm pretty sure it's the same with a few other chapters.
I know Theta's nationals doesn't let them discriminate based on age so it's a good choice for upperclassmen.

By: .

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

I recommend every girl to not get their hopes up until after day 2. Video day is the first day where you really need to worry about which sorority you want. The beginning is a cluster and hard to really get a good read due to such shprt roundd and, once narrowed down, you start to see the real side of the chapters to decide which ones you may want.

By: Juniors
#4by:    

I rushed as a junior last year and it definitely made a different. However I had good houses but that's because I had to make the extra effort. I preffed at 2 top teirs and 1 high middle teir. I ran home to the middle teir which is what I ended up putting first. As a junior you already know who you are and have a PC full of freshmans wasn't what I was looking for. Top tiers take almost 85 percent freshman and sophomores. Middle teirs take some juniors

By: Honestly

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.