facebook

not happy with choice

by: notagdi

Do you guys ever feel like you made the wrong choice? I've been feeling like this for a while and I'm already in my sorority....

Posted By: notagdi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lovemysorority   

I'm very sorry you feel that way. I'm assuming you're already initiated, in which case you can't rerush. Sometimes, a girl just doesn't feel comfortable in her sorority. You really only have two options. 1) Drop. It sounds drastic, but if you're not having fun, bonding with sisters, what are you gaining? At the end of the day these are supposed to be the best four years of your life, don't spend them doing things you don't want to do with people you don't want to be around. 2) Change your mindset. Figure out the reason you don't feel happy, and work to change it. Are you not bonding with any girls? Work extra hard to be outside your comfort zone and get to know more girls, really make an effort to befriend them. Does your sorority have a bad rep? The more Greeks you get to know outside of your own organization, the more you are advertising for how great your sorority is. Does your tier make you uncomfortable? This is the case with many girls in lower tiers. Work super hard with your sisters to have an amazing recruitment, look at recruitment advice websites, guides, look your best, etc, little by little the quality of girls will go up every year. If there's something else as a problem, say what it is, I'll try to give you advice.

By: lovemysorority
#2  by: notagdi   

aw, thank you so much. i think i need to change my mindset. my sorority has a good but bad rep. the a good amount of the girls aren't always the nicest and i just feel like some don't really want me there? i'm going to try to stay positive... i've been putting on a good act like i'm fine and all but i have thought many times of just dropping out. i'm going to give it some more time just because things could change and there will be a new pc coming up this fall. & yes my tier makes me feel comfortable.

and thank you!

By: notagdi
by: no probMay 21, 2014 9:51:46 AM

a new PC is a great opportunity for you to bond with a whole new batch of girls, and getting a little (if you don't have one already) can really change things for you. as for then not wanting you there, I don't know you or your situation (we could even be in the same sorority for all I know!), but consider that it may be more in your head. I'm a generally shy person before I get to know people, and my first thought is always "oh no these girls don't like me", but I make myself remember that they were the ones who gave me a bid, they were the ones who saw something in me. most of the time when we feel unwanted, the girls around you maybe just don't know you that much and so they choose to talk to their own friends around them. it's not personal. I bet if you tried to strike up conversations randomly, it would get slowly get better and better, until eventually you'd have your own group of friends too

By: no prob
#3  by: notagdi   

honestly, you're right. i'm pretty shy too. maybe that's the reason. i think i should give it more time and do the things you've said. i don't have a little just yet! :) thank you. i def needed this. i felt weird talking to my sisters about it because i don't want them thinking bad things about me you know? xx thanks girl

By: notagdi
by: :) May 21, 2014 3:53:41 PM

no prob girl, good luck!

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.