facebook

sororities

by: Another Mom

Any insight on Delta Delta Delta. My daughter is going to UCF next year and I am very skeptical about her joining a sorority during her freshman year. One of my daughters friend told me about this site, and I was wondering if I could have some information about this chapter. Please reply back, I would love to here's about this chapter weather positive or negative. Thank you for the help.

Posted By: Another Mom
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GreekCouncil   

Per the halt on Greek Life implemented by UCF, all chapters were required to prove why their chapter deserves to remain on campus. Tri Delta was among the 41 sororities and fraternities to be reinstated. They are known for having on of the strongest sisterhoods on campus, and participate (and pretty much win) every philanthropy on campus. They are also spearheading the Greek Life BBQ to raise money for a new UCF Police dog. Members are involved in many different organizations and clubs on campus and hold numerous leadership positions on campus.

You should rest assured that your daughter, no matter what chapter she joins, will be in good hands.

By: GreekCouncil
#2  by: GreekCouncil   

www.trideltaucf.com

By: GreekCouncil
by: NEWWEBSITEJun 2, 2014 10:25:20 PM

www.ucfddd.com

By: NEWWEBSITE
#3  by: Greek   

I love the post above me. Stating mostly facts without too much opinion. Delta Delta Delta has always been nice to be as a fellow Greek and I've always had a great impression of the girls I've met. Have your daughter rush as a freshmen for sure! To be honest, at first its time consuming but any chapter full of worthwhile girls will keep her motivated in her schoolwork and help her excel.

By: Greek
#4  by: smh   

To another mom: an anonymous gossip website is not the place to get valid information. Look at the national panhellenic website, the school's panhellenic website, the Tri Delta national website, etc. Joining a sorority is a wonderful thing, for most people, but sometimes it doesn't work out. It is a big commitment in terms of time and money, but often greeks have higher grades and higher graduation rates. Also, please don't ask about one specific chapter. If your daughter rushes in the fall, she needs to look at ALL of the wonderful chapters on campus and keep an open mind. You don't just rush 1 chapter.

By: smh
#5  by: ^   

Maybe she was asking because her daughter's a legacy or she knows someone who's a tri delt so she wants opinions about this specific chapter. Also, this is a good place to read about the details of a particular chapter as well as visiting their national website. However, every sorority looks the same on paper and sororities that are top houses at one school may not have the same reputation at other schools so yes I think this website does provide a good source of information to an extent.

By: ^
#6  by: Did the d take her?   

Tri delt doesn't care about legacies anymore

By: Did the d take her?
by: idk Jun 2, 2014 11:07:09 PM

yeah. UCF in general does not give much regard to legacies. And if your daughter hasn't rushed yet, I'd advise you to tell your daughter that going through rush with one sorority in mind hardly ever works out for anybody. Going through with an open mind leas to the best results. Despite being called "mutual selection", the placement of girls is almost entirely up to the sororities. You daughter can't choose one before rush and realistically expect to get in.

By: idk

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.