facebook

do you still hang out with gdi/geeds?

by:    

I know this question looks weird but I’ve noticed whenever I see someone join a sorority/frat they tend to ditch or spend a lot less time with their friends that aren’t in Greek life

I’ve honestly never had this issue and still spend as much time with my gdi friends as I did before. I don’t look down on them for not being in Greek life. Has anyone had the same experience?

Posted By: Tbh
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I think it’s mostly just bc we have so many different functions & events in greek life that we’re either required or just genuinely want to go too. Greek life does take up a lot of your free time & if you live in the house, then it’s just easier to chill at home with sisters instead of go out after a long day of school, work or studying

By: Opinion
by: Rt   

Agreed. It's not really about someone "looking down" on their old friends. People just tend to drift away from their GDI friends when they go Greek because whether you realize it or not, you spend a lot of time with your chapters with events, especially if you have a house. Hanging out with your sisters/brothers just becomes more convenient.

By: Rt
#2by:    

It’s more convenient at the time to hang out with sisters/brothers but in the end college and Greek life doesn’t last forever. I’m a graduating senior now and ngl I wish I had kept in touch more with my GDI and high school friends (the drifting isn’t on purpose usually) bc once you leave that house you’re not gonna see most of your sorority sisters again or at least not nearly as much as you did before.

I agree with everyone else but I also think people should be more open to keeping those friendship doors open. Like I said Greek life doesn’t last forever and once you graduate your friends are just gonna be whoever stuck with you rather than if they’re Greek or not

By: Well
#3by:    

Nah

By: N

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.