facebook

help? want to drop but feel like i can’t

by:    

This is my junior year in my mid tier sorority and honestly it started out great but now I realize it’s not worth the thousands of dollars. Problem is every time I try to drop exec literally corners me, does their best to talk me out of it, and then tells me they’ll “give me time to think about it” but they never get back to me. They guilt trip me HARD to the point that I’ve left in tears. I only have a few friends in my chapter and when I told them my situation they were not supportive and also guilt tripped me into staying. I’m starting to feel like someone stuck in a cult. It’s like they won’t let me drop. I’m very conflicted not sure what to do anymore

Posted By: Sos
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Are you in theta? Cause they did the same thing to me until I finally dropped

By: Ha

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Dropped   

Pi phi

By: Dropped
by: Sos   

^ it’s one of those two. I just want to leave but I they won’t stop trying to convince me otherwise and I think I’ll lose all my friends if I do. This was not what I signed up for. Feel like I’m questioning the hive mind every time I talk to exec. It’s like their eyes glaze over and they all repeat the same script about sisterhood and how I really don’t want to leave and what I’ll be missing out on. One even subtly threatened me with extra fines if I try to drop. Am I in a cult?!

By: Sos
#2by:    

Drop at the end of the semester. They can't fine you if you're out. Write a letter resigning, email it, and peace out. I know my sister friends would try to talk me out of dropping because they'd want me around, but you have to do what's right for you

By: Drop
#3by:    

Dropped from Theta. I cried after every sisterhood event because no one would talk to me. Everybody always told me my big how nice I was and they liked me but when I tried to make plans or even a conversation, they ignored me.I don't like partying which is somewhat important to be "liked" in theta. Some of them are great girls but if they're your friends, you'll still be friends with them after

Dropping a sisterhood that wasn't meant for me is one of the best thing I've ever done. I don't mind sororities and still encourage people to still go through recruitment but I chose the wrong one in the end.

By: With ya
#4by:    

Do you know how stupidly obvious it is that those people commenting just made up BS stories lol.. Like please tell me you dropped your sorority yet you’re still coming on Greek rank lol???? Girls who have dropped Greek life wouldn’t be coming on here, this stupid drama is most likely the reason they dropped in the first place. No one is buying it lol y’all are pathetic (you know who you are 🙃)

By: Yeah
by: uh   

Funny, kind of seems like you're the pathetic one

By: uh
#5by:    

Did you drop OP?

By: G

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.