facebook

top tier reject

by:    

I have always dreamed about joining a sorority and greek life at ucf definitely played a part in why I even transferred here in the first place. As a sophomore, I was completely okay with only having 2 houses on pref night and already knew that i was at a disadvantage compared to incoming freshman. I preffed both DDD and the bottom tier sorority I ended up running home to. I tried to give them an open mind all week and go in with the mentality that everything happens for a reason, but I have never felt more out of place. I’m still friends with all the PNMs i met outside DDD that all ended up getting a bid and it’s really upsetting seeing everyone post pics about their new family when I can’t even find it in me to associate myself with the sorority I don’t feel like i belong to. I do believe that everything happens for a reason and I have met some nice girls in my pc, but I still can’t view them as my sisters. I don’t know if it’s worth it to try for weeks/months to find my “people”, when most conversations are incredibly awkward and exhausting just trying to find ANYTHING in common with someone to talk about. I just don’t know if my dislike of my sorority is stronger than my dream of joining greek life. & I know I would have ever worse luck next year as a junior so it’s now or never.

Posted By: help
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I hope the "bottom" tier sorority finds out who you are and dumps your ass. Such a brat

By: Lmao

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Wow you are all being way too hard on this girl. Why are you all so mean spirited? Now for some real advice.
Two of the girls in my chapter thought for sure they clicked with a top tier on pref night and were literally crying on bid day when they saw they were in my chapter... their third choice. It took them a long time to see where they fit in, but when they did they fell in love. Now they live in the house and have littles and wouldn't change a thing. I think you had a certain image in your head about greek life and trust me so did I, but it's much different than you think. This does somewhat depend on which bottom tier you're in. If it is dz or gphi, those are chapters that really require dedication, so if you aren't fitting in at all with those maybe try again next year. But if it's any of the others, let me tell you their sisterhoods are generally better than what you will find in a top tier. There are extremely cool girls there. I know girls who chose chio over kd and aephi over zeta. You have to branch out a little more, go to the sisterhood events, go to lunch with people, hell go out and drink with other new members and everyone will let their guard down. At least wait for big/little. There's like 170 girls in every chapter, there are bound to be a few just like you, I promise there is a reason you ended up in the chapter you're in. And if not, like I said, greek life is great but it's not like the movies and its not all that it seems. Find what works for you!

By: wow
by: No   

For every girl like you, there's someone that got into Tri Delt and now realizes they put on a fake welcoming act for recruitment to have the pick of the litter, but aren't as friendly once you're in. Their retention sucks for a reason.
And remember, if they wanted you, you'd be in, so why try for them again next year?
If you stick it out for a few more weeks, you may feel differently.

By: No
#3by:    

please keep in mind that this year you were only able to pref at two chapters and at ucf a lot of the girls wait and go through their sophomore year it doesn't really put you at a disadvantage to be a sophomore. Simply put the chapter you ran home to wanted you and tridelt didn't or you would've ran home to them. I know girls who ran home to a "bottom tier" chapter last year and dropped bc they thought they could do better and they went through again this year and got dropped by all the houses aka they probably will never get to be in a sorority.

By: Hi

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.