facebook

conflicted

by:    

i am a freshman who just went through recruitment week and I got dropped by all the top and mid tier houses before pref night. even though i had the BEST conversations with these girls and i felt like we truly connected. i was extremely devastated and really wanted to drop but i still gave the houses a shot because i did not want to give up just yet. finally on bid day, i ran home to a chapter that i had great conversations with on pref night but spent the day with them and knew i did not belong with those girls. they did not have the same sense of humor as i did and was not really as outgoing as me. i want to rush again as a sophomore and i am willing to go through a stressful week just to get a chance at a chapter where i can truly belong. in what ways will this affect me rushing next year and do you think it is worth rushing in the fall or spring the second time around

Posted By: hello
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Found the Gamma Phi

Better luck next year

By: Lol
by: Lol   

Found the zeta.

By: Lol
by: Ya   

Unnecessary comment. Mean girls aren't cute

By: Ya
#2by:    

I agree with above. My best friend got her second choice last year and was so distraught. Bid day and the first week after will be the hardest on you. People feel bad not matching at their top but that's just because people want that 1:1 match shock moment. Give it a shot. My friend is crazy in love and obsessed with her sorority now and wouldn't have it any other way. You'll meet more people and make great friends!! Those houses dropped you for a reason, what makes you think they won't do it again next year?

By: Agree
by: .    

i don't want to stay in it for too long to the point where it would truly affect my chances with other chapters since the greek community would know that i did drop

By: .
by: Stick it out   

You've already accepted a bid. After that, no one in another chapter will probably notice if you're there a day or a month. We're busy with our own PCs.
I honestly believe if you didn't end up in those sororities the first time around, you probably wouldn't a second.
And every chapter has diverse women,, so I'm sure you'll find women who are outgoing and with the same sense of humor as you. Regardless of what the first commenter said, there's not a single sorority that has all introverts.

By: Stick it out
#3by:    

Stick through with it! If you don't feel like you feel in after a few months or week or close to initiation then drop.

By: I think

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Any update on this? What did you decide?

By: Allee

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.