facebook

what to expect

by: Frijoles

Soooo
Im a hispanic junior. Im concerned.. will the race thing and the junior thing kill my chances? I struggle to find any brown girls on their insta pgs and with that as well as being a junior feels really discouraging. I really dont care about tiers just literally doing this to make friends.. which houses arent even taking in juniors? Thanks

Posted By: Frijoles
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Middle   

Be yourself, don't stress, and trust the system and you'll find a home. The biggest reason a junior doesn't match is they try for all top tier sororities which take the fewest juniors, and get discouraged and drop OR are dropped later on when the tops whittle out juniors if they can get a lot of freshman.
If you are open-minded and really looking for a place where you can make friends, I'm sure you will.
Ps: I don't think I know a single sorority that will care that you're Hispanic. The truth about the top tiers is that as long as you look the way they want you to look, which is skinny and super pretty with any skin color, you have just as good of a chance.
And with pretty much every other sorority your attitude, personality, match the sororities values and existing members, putting your best face forward which means dressing appropriately and looking put together, not being overeager or aloof and rude because you think you're too good for that house... All of that is way more important than Hispanic or not.

By: Middle
#2  by: Girl.    

Nah. Do not stress!! I went through recruitment as a junior and I will add I am Hispanic. I'm also in a top tier sorority. Best advice i can give you is to BE YOURSELF! That's the most important thing!

By: Girl.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.