facebook

rushing and not getting bids

by:    

So I have heard that some girls don't get bids from any sorioty after paying the 100 dollars to rush? Is this true? And if so how likely are the odds that one rushes and doesn't end up in a sorioty

Posted By: Rushing
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Unfortunately this is true. Rush is an investment, even if you don't end up in a sorority you will still hopefully get something out of the rush experience. But yeah, some girls don't get bids and that's pretty sad. I may be wrong but I don't think there's even enough bids to give to everyone usually. It's a small monitory though!!! It mainly happens to girls who are 1) just not compatible with the personality of Greek life at all or 2) put only their dream chapter on their pref night list because they get falsely promised a bid (also called suiciding) but still don't get one, and therefore cut themselves off from chapters who would have given them one. Some girls drop on purpose too because their unhappy with the chapters they get called back to. My advice is to keep your mind completely open, listen to the advice from your rho gam and Greek forum, and be yourself ... but the down to earth and formal version of yourself lol

By: Yes

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Of course. it would not be possible to give everyone a bid

By: yes
#3by:    

Let's put it this way. There are 12 chapters, each give about 50-60 bids. That's 720 total bids maximum. Over 1000 girls rush.

By: Honestly
by: um   

this is so false, about 200-300 girls drop out of recruitment every year

By: um
by: Rho Gam   

The statement that there is not enough bids to go around is 100% false. Why else is quote different every year? Because it depends on the number of girls who are still rushing at the end of the week. I was a Rho Gamma. The number of girls left on bid day is divided by the number of houses. That number becomes "quota" which is the average number of girls a house should and could take. If you rank all your pref houses you are 99.9% guaranteed a bid from either of those houses. Sororities cannot drop girls from their list Friday night. The last time a sorority can completely drop a girl is Thursday night. Anyone who attends that house's prefs is fair game for a bid to that house. THIS is why they tell girls to rank ALL houses. If you only rank one, and that house has you dead last or past the # that matched with them at quota, they aren't going to pity-pair you. BUT if you rank both, the system will more likely pair you with either one, depending on who is closest to quota and where you are on their list.

By: Rho Gam

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.