facebook

sororities that initiate women after college

by: EAS

Doing some research, I found that piphi will initiate a member's mom or friends. Does any other sorority do this? I really don't like the idea; sounds like it dilutes the value of membership...

Posted By: EAS
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pi phi   

Hi, just letting you know that this only happens once in a while, and it's for older women who have made a significant impact on the chapter for years but never had the opportunity to be a sister. It's really selective and a very special process. If anything, it makes the membership stronger as it proves it is a lifelong thing. Not sure how other chapters do it, but if they do I imagine it's similar. Hope this helps :)

By: pi phi
#2  by: Guest   

This really isn't a common thing, it's for people who the other commenter said impacted the chapter. It's not for members' moms and friends typically. This could mean a house mom, for example! It doesn't dilute the value of membership because it's a HUGE deal to get initiated after undergrad :) Hope this helped! Also, I'm pretty sure other houses have something similar but I can't name them off the top of my head.

By: Guest

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.