facebook

lowish gpa???

by:    

For sorority rush is a 2.8 college gpa too low, the website says 2.5 is required to rush but some sororities have higher gpa requirements... so will my 2.8 prevent me from getting into certain ones?

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Honestly probably yes.

Some sororities don't even look at people who don't have at least a 3.0

By: Uh
#2by:    

I rushed with a 2.8 this past fall and was fine. Just don't expect to get top tier.

By: middle teir
by: What?   

But top tiers are the ones with the lowest gpas lmao,?? ""beauty and brains" SIKE haha

By: What?
by: pnm   

Does that mean there's no possible way to get a top tier with a 2.8-2.9?

By: pnm
by: n   

no, gpa won't affect what tier you get. My mid tier chapter would drop you automatically for your gpa because it's below our limit, it just depends on the specific chapter's requirements. The top tiers typically aren't known for having the best gpas, but idk what their limit is or how strict they are about it.

By: n
by: ^^^   

yeah having a low gpa doesn't mean you automatically won't get top tier, that makes no sense lol. It just depends on each chapter's rules and they're all different. Some chapters cut you based on your gpa no matter what, other chapters can take a girl with a lower gpa if they really like her. It has nothing to do with tier

By: ^^^
#3by:    

would any houses cut me for a 3.1 gpa?

By: Guest

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Hello   

No, pretty much anything over a 3.0 is high enough to meet sorority standards!

By: Hello
#4by:    

Does anyone know which of the sororities have higher GPA requirements for rushies?

By: ...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.