facebook

bama transfer

by:    

I'm currently a freshman at Bama right now but I'm thinking of transferring to UCF in the fall. I was in a top sorority at Bama but dropped right before initiation so I could rush again at a different school. I know Bama's rush is the most competitive in the nation, but how similar is it to UCF's? What are my chances as a sophomore transfer student? What do sororities value the most when selecting pnms? I know at Bama grades, connections, and involvement are the things most looked at. Not sure if it matters, but I'm also from Chicago. Not sure how UCF feels about out of state girls.

Posted By: Rollknights
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

im transferring next semester from bama too!! I'm no help w your question tho sorry

By: yo
#2by:    

rushed as an out of state sophomore and had absolutely no problems all week. just be yourself

By: out of state
by: Ok   

Where did you end up

By: Ok
#3by:    

LOL Bama is not the most competitive in the nation. 95% of PNMs that don't drop get a house. There are so many universities where only about half get a house.

Why would you drop a top house? Can't keep your grades up?

By: Hmm
by: Bama   

As a sorority sister at UCF who is from Alabama, UCF's Greek like is an absolute joke compared to Alabama. They're not even in the same category. The girl trying to come here from Alabama will find UCF a lot more relaxing and different. I hope she likes it because it's nothing like what I ever wanted with Greek life at UCF and a let down.

By: Bama
by: dues   

Alabama's sorority dues are around $8,000 per year even if you don't live in the house. There are extra expenses for shirts, gifts, parties, etc. There is like 450 girls in each chapter. Many girls drop sororities there since it is so expensive and easy to get lost in the numbers, very cliquey and petty. You can look at their Greek Rank and see how tacky some of them are. The size of UCF's sororities are much better for real sisterhood.

By: dues
#4by:    

I'm transferring from Alabama too!! This is so crazy.. I'm glad there is tons of people in my boat!!

By: Transfer

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

if you dont like how ucf rush is or the fact that we arent an SEC school, then go back to alabama byeeee

By: ok
#6by:    

Bama has a major "throat-cutting" rush. Lots of scarred people coming out of there! Legacies are cut like crazy. Sometimes 100-200 legacies for one chapter will go through and most will be cut. MANY girls pledge and quit. Too much fighting and dissention with chapters. Believe me it is not all that great.

By: Bad experience

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.