facebook

2017 rush advice

by: hiiiiiiiii

already went through recruitment and got in a sorority and dropped because of money, if i rush again this fall as a sophomore does that ruin my chances of getting in any sorority? please help

Posted By: hiiiiiiiii
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ?   

Were you initiated?

By: ?
by: hiiiiiiiiiMar 27, 2017 12:09:48 AM

no

By: hiiiiiiiii
by: 12Mar 27, 2017 10:50:09 AM

What if I was? How will they know?

By: 12
#2  by: ..   

they know everything

By: ..
#3  by: well   

how long were you a new member for?

By: well
by: hiiiiiMar 27, 2017 6:00:41 PM

like a week

By: hiiiii
#4  by: Maybe   

Honestly if you were rushing my sorority and I knew that you had already dropped another one because of finances, I would be very hesitant. Each sorority can only take so many women and they usually all get close to, reach, or exceed the max... To give a spot to some one who already dropped would not be good for us

By: Maybe
by: ?Mar 28, 2017 2:29:58 PM

What if you had to drop during rush week before getting a bid for other reasons? Would sororities be hesitant about that?

By: ?
by: hiiiMar 28, 2017 8:42:10 PM

okay thank you for this!! i just needed an honest opinion, my financial situation is completely different now and i'm 100% sure i will not be dropping when i rush, do you think i have tell them that when i'm going through recruitment i'll be fine?

By: hiii
#5  by: Hand towel    

If I transferred from a chapter they don't have at UCF and rushed again how would they know I was initiated?

By: Hand towel
by: chioMar 28, 2017 5:04:18 PM

Don't expect to get asked back to the chapter you got a bid from last year, they'll probably cut you after day 1 (at least mine would). Just don't tell other chapters you got a bid and dropped last year, when they ask just be vague and say that you tried rushing last year and it didn't work out so you're giving it another chance. Like other people said, a chapter isn't going to want you if you're going to drop a week in because you can't afford it. Make sure that your financial situation is different this year before you take a spot from another girl who won't drop.

By: chio

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.