facebook

regrets?

by: curious

Honestly curious, as someone who will rush in fall. For girls already in a sorority, do any of you or does anyone you know now regret the choice you/they made? Do you sometimes wish you had joined a different chapter? What did you base your decision on? What do you wish you had based it on instead?? And (if you want to say it) what chapter do you think you would've fit into better instead? Thank you :)

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Advice   

It's all based on your conversations with each girl, your grades, extracurriculars, involvement. Before joining, just make sure you can absolutely 100% afford it and it's something you want to do. Trust the process and you will run home to the sorority where you belong. Don't take a bid for granted just because it wasn't your first choice. It is important to stay open minded because joining a sorority is a one in a lifetime experience, and you are fortunate to have the opportunity to even rush. It's normal to feel a little doubtful or confused when you're starting out, but give it time and you will appreciate everything much more.

By: Advice
#2  by: Tiers   

The only woman I know who regrets her sorority choice made the decisions based on tier. She wanted to be in a certain tier for the image and has found the sisterhood isn't what she hoped for.
The most important thing is to ignore tier and choose based off interactions.

By: Tiers
#3  by: pc   

I'm gonna say something that might be a rare perspective! although I am happy in the middle tier sorority I chose, I sometimes wish I would've based my choice less on tier - in the sense that maybe a top tier was a better fit for me. I had to choose between top and mid and didn't chose the top tier bc of their bad rep, even though I had a great rush experience there. I know lots of girls in that top now who love it there and I now believe I would've been very happy there too. I enjoy being in my current chapter, but I do wonder if I belonged more to the other. So if you find you love a top tier, don't be scared away because of negative things you hear like I was.

By: pc

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.