facebook

philanthropy

by:    

I'm going to be a sophomore in the fall and plan on rushing but I really want to be in adpi, gpb or theta because their philanthropies have impacted my life in some way. Is it frowned upon to join a sorority just for the philanthropy?

Posted By: PNM
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

you should join a sorority for the social life and connections not the philanthropy. but if i had to pick one of those i'd go with theta..

By: anon
by: No.   

This sounds like an extremely shallow opinion; which is the best you should expect, OP. For some reason, this stupid website drags or the lowest low lives of ucf Greek life.
There's nothing wrong with having an organization's philanthropy sway your interest. That being said, if you show up day one and hate all the members you meet in 2 one of those 3 sororities, don't still consider them obviously.
When it comes down to it, your chapter experience will be defined by its members first and everything else second.
So don't pick a sorority for its tier, philanthropy, what others say about them, or what fraternities they hang out with; find the women who will influence the rest of your life in the best way possible, and choose them

By: No.
#2by:    

my chapter's philanthropy influenced my decision, but isnt the only thing that pushed me to join. you might be impacted by how sisters feel about their philanthropy.. keep an open mind while going through. each chapter has a huge impact on their philanthropy.

By: opinion

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

I wanted to go zeta really badly because of their philanthropy and how breast cancer has impacted my life but every day I went in hating my conversations and not connecting. I picked a different chapter with a philanthropy I have no connection to whatsoever. But at the end of the day my chapter participates in Zeta lip sync and donates money to them as we do with the rest of the Greek communities philanthropies. You end up supporting anyone so don't get too wound up on philanthropy.

By: Philanthropy
by: Yes!   

Such a good point! We are all Greek women who should be supporting each other's philanthropies regardless of what chapter we're affiliatied with!

By: Yes!
#4by:    

I definitely fell in love with my sorority on philanthropy day and it completely changed my mind on a bottom tier sorority. The importantance it had with every girl really resonated with me and even after I go alum, it's still something I want to be involved in.

By: Hmm
#5by:    

What we have learned from this thread:
Everyone has different opinions based on their experience, none of them are right or wrong. Only way to get your own answer is to go through rush and see.

By: Well

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.