facebook

spring rush?

by:    

what sororities are participating in spring rush? also would you recommend spring rush as a freshman or just wait till fall rush my sophomore year? thanks!

Posted By: curious freshamn
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

You could try spring recruitment & see how you like it. Not every sorority will be recruiting so you don't necessarily get a feel for each sorority. If you do it & still feel a little iffy wait until fall. But a lot of girls find their home in the spring so give it a shot.

By: .
#2by:    

I did spring recruitment. I fell in love with so many chapters that weren't doing spring and just doing spring fling. I love with my sorority and it's great, don't get me wrong. I just wish I had all my options open instead of picking from half of the organizations on campus. I often wonder if I would gone to a different sorority if I did fall.

But spring is great because you get to chose where you and what you can afford before falling in love. I recommend it to busy people because it's a lot more laid back and selective.

By: spring baby
#3by:    

I know there's some people that wouldn't do well during fall recruitment. It's super stressful and many girls drop/get dropped. If you're looking for something more laid back and a better chance at getting a bid to your top house I would go with spring. If you want to get a feel for every chapter do fall. I know my sorority is doing spring recruitment but we're mostly taking girls that we already know if that gives you an idea of how it goes.

By: Depends
by: .   

if sororities are mainly taking girls they already know then how is spring easier that fall...

By: .
by: Wut   

Why take all girls you already know instead of introducing some new faces to the chapter? That's odd it doesn't give new girls a chance at all

By: Wut
by: well   

Chapters only have a very limited amount of spaces in spring. Like last year, the ones who took new girls at all took 1-5 for the most part. It makes more sense to give those spots to girls that a lot of sisters already know because they know they'll be a good fit for the chapter. That's not to say no one else has a chance, it's just more competitive.

By: well
#4by:    

so fall is a more even playing field for girls than spring???? because if there are 5 spots and you don't know anyone in that sorority your odds are low of getting a bid.....

By: seriously tho

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Well   

It's like that in fall too just there are more people rushing and more bids are given out so I'd say your chances are about the same when you think about it proportionally.

By: Well

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.