facebook

got dropped; whats wrong with me?

by:    

so im a freshman and i was very involved in high school (student council and volleyball) and had a 3.7 GPA. i think im decent looking and nice but can be a little shy. after pref night no house picked me and im wondering if it was because of my shyness or something else i did wrong and if i should try again in spring. it was very disheartening and im not sure if its a sign that greek life isnt for me even though I still really want to get involved in a sorority

Posted By: dropped by all sororities
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Pan told us that every girl would get a bid if she maximized her options after pref. Basically, if none of the houses put you high enough on their list, you'd get in to your first choice as a "quota addition" as long as you ranked every house you went to. So either they lied orrrrrrr...

By: uh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: No   

Yeah that's not how is works.

By: No
by: dropped by all sororities   

i dont think this is true, otherwise every girl would've gotten a bid. thank you though!

By: dropped by all sororities
#2by:    

if yo went into the process thinking that you are going to act like a normal person and just get by on looks and gpa, then you are sorely mistaken. Sororities want interesting people who will not be boring. Maybe you came off as being too boring. get some interests and rush again.

By: tbh
by: dropped by all sororities   

i mistook when i said i looked "decent". What i meant is that i dressed appropriately for each day and tried to stay hygenic, not my physical looks. also i definitely have interests (the ones i listed above aren't the only things i do) but maybe i just didnt convey it well to them.

By: dropped by all sororities
#3by:    

I rushed Fall 2015 and was dropped by 9 out of the 12 sororities after the first round. I was completely crushed and quit after philanthropy day. I honestly wish I would have stayed in because I could have found a home in the three houses I had left, but I just decided it wasn't for me. Rushing is a highly subjective process and getting dropped doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. I'm pretty, social, and have a high GPA, but rushing didn't work out for me. It doesn't work out for a lot of people, and that's okay.

That being said, if you still want to be in a sorority, I think you should definitely try for spring. Try to get involved in clubs/organizations on campus that you're interested in so you have a lot to talk about when you rush again. Try to look your best (maybe get your hair/nails done and wear natural makeup), but don't go overboard or try to be someone you're not. If you are a good fit for any of the sororities on campus, they will accept you for you.

And in the end, if it doesn't work out, there are plenty of other things for you to get involved in. I'm very involved and happy at UCF even though Greek life didn't work out for me :)

Good luck!

By: you're not the only one

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.