facebook

unsure whether to drop or not

by:    

I got a bid from a certain sorority that was my third choice. I went home on bid day trying to be positive but the girls were very different from me. They were awkward and didn't understand my humor. The list goes on. Can I have some feedback please..

Posted By: drop?
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

So what would you anticipate happening if you were to drop the sorority? You go through recruitment again and get the one that was your Top Choice this year when they already didn't pick you once?
And you think that all of the sisters in this sorority are awkward and won't get your sense of humor?
My point is you spent maybe 5 hours with them and talked to five or six sisters, so you haven't really spent hardly any time with them at all. It can take a couple weeks to really feel at home, and it makes me sad when girls think they'll just walk in on day one and be surrounded by 200 of their best friends who will be just like them. You may not realize it, but you may have also been acting awkward and sad because you didn't want to be there, so the girls didn't know how to react to you either...
Friendships are friendships, they can take a while to be cultivate and they are often with people who are nothing like you or you had nothing in common with to begin.

By: Chance

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Bid day can be overwhelming and is usually not the best judge of the chapter as a whole. I usually recommend to girls with this issue to give it a week. And really give it a try. Go to events, spend time at the house (if the chapter has one), and meet more sisters. You'll be surprised, even after recruitment, you have only met a small portion of each chapter. You might find girls just like you, you just have to make an effort. These girls liked you for a reason and thought you would make a good fit with them, it's just a matter of you finding that fit. Sometimes it takes longer than others.
I recommend you give it a week and you reach out to your Rho Gamma about your issues. If you still don't feel at home after a week, reevaluate your situation and go from there. Just don't give up after one day.

By: RhoGam

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.