facebook

how many of you didn't get your first choice?

by:    

I'm in a bit of shock that I didn't get my first choice house. I ran home to my second choice and I'm just not sure. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm just so sad 😒

Posted By: Nm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

i got my first choice, but on pref night the girl who rushed me pretty much promised me a bid so i took the chance with it. honestly you may have dodged a bullet. id be devastated but id also give it some time because you never know what may happen and you can end up really loving it uk

By: no

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

I got my third choice. I'm really sad but I talked to my rho gamma and some friends and I'm going to give it a shot. I guess if a house didn't want me, I shouldn't be too sad about it and my third choice was super excited for me to be there so I'm going to go for it and see what happens.

By: same
by: Aay!!   

THIS is what I want to tell every PNM ever. XYZ may have been your first choice, but you DON'T want to be there is they didn't pick you. Trust me.
And if a sorority did pick you and is genuinely excited you're there, that's the best you can wish for in a sisterhood.
I really hope it works out for you!!!

By: Aay!!
by: this   

that's honestly such a good outlook

By: this
#3by:    

i got my third choice too. I put on a smile and ran "home" but it does not feel like home. Its hard to act happy when you are not. I am going to quit I think.

By: so sad
by: hi   

i'm in the same boat

By: hi
by: tbh   

rejection sucks big time. give it a little bit of time and see if your feeling is of not fitting in or of rejection

By: tbh
#4by:    

Be grateful you got to run home. For every girl who is heartbroken she got her third choice, another is heartbroken she got dropped from all three. Enough girls in that chapter chose YOU over all their other choices that you got a bid and some girl who wanted to be there so much more than you did, didn't.

By: UCF
#5by:    

I didn't get any of my choices, but received a bid from a sorority that was never one of my preferences. That was awkward and seems a bit cruel, since you assume at that point you are getting a bid from one of the 3 preferences. Can anyone explain???

By: Curious
by: hi   

it's called continuous open bidding. some chapters are able to extend more bids and do so if someone registered for formal recruitment and didn't get another bid

By: hi
by: Prefs   

My sorority had something like 200 girls pref and since quota was 54, we obviously couldn't take all of them. It works put the same at every sorority; we can't take everyone that comes through.

By: Prefs

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.