facebook

very upset mom

by:    

My daughter is a legacy at one of the houses that she was dropped at today. This is VERY upsetting because I am wondering if it is because I was a member at FSU. I think they did not give her a chance after first round to rightfully drop her. I feel very hurt that my sisters dent believe my own daughter is not worthy of our sorority.

Posted By: mama pan
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

the recruitment process makes no sense here. It's ridiculous and frustrating. I saw so many unhappy people today

By: pnm
by: Um   

As an active sister who actually knows and understands every little bit of the process, it really makes a LOT of sense and is carefully calculated. The only thing causing frustration is when PNM's don't keep an open mind and get their heart set on chapters they know little about, which they are repeatedly told NOT to do.

By: Um
by: Mom   

I would think as a parent that you would want what is best for your daughter. Just because XYZ sorority was your home in college doesn't mean it is your daughter's home. The chapter here could be a bunch of Mean Girls, it could be a bunch of sporty girls and she hates Sports, it could be a bunch of Partiers and she wants to be academic... There is no reason that she should be in the sorority just because you were. It is better for her to find her home then it is for her to repeat you just because it was yours, and then want to drop in a year because she doesn't fit in

By: Mom
#2by:    

get a life helicopter mom

By: oh brother
#3by:    

Please don't be offended that your daughter was dropped, trust us that in the long run this is what is best for your daughter. The sisters of a chapter know when a girl won't fit in completely or when she would be happier in another chapter. This is not a cruel or malicious process. Just because she was dropped doesn't mean she wasn't worth the chapter, that's a huge misconception!! It just means the sisters there wouldn't want to bring her into a chapter where she'd be uncomfortable simply because she's a legacy. If you want you daughter to find her home and have a great sisterhood experience then trust the system and let her find her own way. The only thing that makes recruitment seem "unfair" is expectations and assumptions, which PNM's are strongly advised against having!!!

By: Hi
#4by:    

Dropping a legacy happens for a variety of reasons, as I am sure you would know having been in a sorority. It could have to do with GPA, or attitude in the house, activities and involvement, age or class standing, or just wether or not she seems to be a god fit or not.
Just because she is dropped from one specific house, does not mean that she won't find her house elsewhere. Perhaps there is a better fit out their for her and this will help her to find her home. I recommend that you support her in continuing recruitment and help her find her own home just like you found yours.

By: PanGirl
#5by:    

Can I just say how weird it is that you are on here on behalf of your daughter, who is now in COLLEGE!! Time to cut the cord, lady.

Maybe you would both be better off if you let her go where she feels comfortable and wanted and not force her in a situation because YOU want it.

By: um

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.