facebook

the system?

by:    

I just wanna know why you get dropped from sororities you have awesome convos with? a girl actually told me i'd fit in well. how does one person know if I fit in or not? so confused...

Posted By: Anon pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Every sorority does it differently, and sometimes even if you had a great convo and the girls really like you, your gpa may not have met their requirements or there may be a different issue with you pre-recruitment screening. If not, then it's possible that they really enjoyed talking to you but felt as though you'd be happier in a different chapter. Just because they were nice and had an engaging conversation with you doesn't necessarily mean they think you fit in with their chapter. Also, maybe one girl you talked to thought you'd fit in, but the other(s) didn't feel the same way. Each chapter has a different process but please trust the system, the sisterhoods know and understand this whole process better than you could imagine.

By: Tbh
#2by:    

I got dropped by two of my favorite houses. I don't get it. This whole thing is confusing and cruel. The girls really were nice to me and now they just drop me. I think I am going to quit.

By: well...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: jfjfjkefj   

Don't be discouraged! If you go through and play the "game" or recruitment correctly you will 100% find your home. Guaranteed. There are girls in every chapter who wanted the chapter and didn't want the chapter, but they all can agree you find your home if the system is played correctly. You find your people in every chapter of panhellenic.

By: jfjfjkefj
by: Hey   

Trust me, as a pnm you think you know where you belong or what you want but you really don't. You have to just go with the process and keep an open mind, you will definitely end up where you belong if you just stay positive and keep being yourself.

By: Hey
by: Not cruel   

Keep in mind each chapter can only invite back so many girls... so they may have liked you but there were other women who aligned better with their chapter values, or they see you fitting in better elsewhere. In a system where the chapter can't take every single girl that they like bc of limits put by pan, they're bound to have to drop girls that they liked.

By: Not cruel
by: i will never know i guess   

Maybe i got dropped because i am a junior? I did think that many of the sisters were caddy and immature. Maybe I don't belong and too old for this nonsense.

By: i will never know i guess
by: Age   

If you were trying to get into top tier houses and you are a junior, then yes you absolutely were dropped because you are a junior. Historically those chapters take as many freshmen as possible because they get 4 years of membership out of you instead of 2. However that doesn't mean that they are catty (although they may be) or that you are mature. The organizations have to pick women that works best for them as well, so if you are just as cool as a freshman, for them it makes more sense to take the freshman.
Besides, half of sorority women are Juniors or older, so to assume that you're too mature for a sorority because you're not a freshman is stupid

By: Age
by: Sorry    

If you're a junior there is a good number of sororities who just won't take you, it has nothing to do with how much they like you but just based on what our nationals says. For my own sorority I know we only take juniors under really crazy circumstances, like they are a 10/10 perfect fit and will benefit the chapter in every way, and even then we have to fight with our nationals to approve it. It's not based on cattiness or immaturity. I do suggest you keep an open mind, going in as a junior is going to make this a slightly different process for you in general.

By: Sorry

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.