facebook

what to look for

by:    

I am rushing in the fall and just want to know what I should look for in sororities that would be reasons for me to join it?

Posted By: PNM
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Everyone is different, but for me I really looked at the girls and imagined myself being friends with them, hanging out with them, and maybe even having them as my roommates. You want to be sure to choose as sisterhood that you can feel comfortable in and that makes you happy. PNM's can sometimes tend to look at a sisterhood just as the houses, or social media pages and while you should allow those to help you make a decision, I do not recommend dropping a chapter that you love the sisters in but tend to not like the house or maybe their instagram pages. In the end you are trying to find a sisterhood to make your forever friends in, not choosing a house. Also one day during recruitment will be a philanthropy day where each chapter goes into depth about what philanthropy they work with, some events they put on during the year for it, and how they give back. When looking into sisterhoods, look at their philanthropies and see if there are any that really are close to your heart or maybe really want to get involved in. I know when choosing my chapter the philanthropy was already really close to my heart, so seeing almost 200 other girls love and give back to something so close to my heart was really an amazing thing for me. Be sure to ask sisters questions like "Why is your sisterhood important to you?" "What are some of your favorite memories from the chapter?" or "What are some events your chapter had last year?" Honestly there are so many questions you could ask

By: PC15
by: PC15   

Just be sure to do your research online, and definitely check Pan's website, ucfpanhellenic.com. They have a whole area of the website that has a blog post about each chapter, where they have a Q and A with sisters to ask why they love their sisterhood! Good luck (:

By: PC15
#2by:    

Half the houses you think u like will drop you before
you drop them. They have more of the power and you will find yourself on day 2 with half the houses on your list when you get your schedule from your RG. You have to have an open mind because who u think u like the first day might not even be there on your list day two and three.

By: Honestly
#3by:    

Just go through recruitment with an open mind. At first you'll be like "Wow I can't decide. All these girls are pretty. All these girls are nice!" but what my rho gamma told me that really helped make my decision was "Who can you see as your friends and who can you see as your sisters?"

By: .

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.