facebook

what's the time commitment like?

by:    

I'm thinking of rushing Pan in the Fall, but I'm also very involved and hold a few different positions on campus. How many hours do you think those who are in sororities dedicate to greek life each week?

Posted By: help
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I'd say I honestly normally spend MAYBE 4 hours a week on sorority stuff on average, including chapter. It really isn't that bad since there aren't too many mandatory events. It's not like frats where they can force their pledges to go to a bunch of stuff, so it really depends on how involved you want to be. You could be the girl that goes to literally external philanthropy and IM game, you could be the girl who only shows up to chapter, or somewhere in between. Not sure how other chapters do it, but we have to go to a certain amount of things in order to be able to go on socials. I work 30-40 hours a week and I'm taking 5 pre-med classes and I still have enough time to go to everything that I want to. A lot of my sisters are super involved in other things too and they manage to balance everything.

By: pan

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

pan- thanks for your very detailed response! I am really looking forward to rushing but I didn't want to go into it if I couldn't commit myself enough. I'm so excited to rush!

By: OP
#3by:    

The amount of time you put into it is completely up to you. Some events are mandatory but my sorority usually lets me know a good week in advance if I need to be somewhere during the week. I chose to be really involved but honestly if maybe two hours a week MAX

By: hi
#4by:    

Be ready to spend A LOT of time and be asking off for a lot of Saturdays! I was shocked at how much time it takes. I absolutely love it but it is a giant commitment. You have new member periods, chapter meeting, and most sororities require you to go to different philanthropies as well as your own. While a few don't charge you, mine charges 25$ for missing just chapter. You can always send in excuses though!

By: a lot

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.