facebook

if sorority tiers weren't based on looks...

by: curious

Already at UCF (as a freshman) but looking to rush in the fall and want to end up somewhere where Im actually happy and surrounded by girls who get along. So, if tiers weren't based on looks but on the happiness/quality of the sisterhood, what would they be? Heard that some of the happiest ones are chi o, pi phi, axid while some of the unhappiest are KD, aephi, tridelt? Thoughts???

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

go into recruitment with an open mind. i have friends in chapters who love it.. and other friends in the same chapter that hate it. its all where you fit in. be yourself and you'll find where you belong.

By: .
#2  by: Just try it   

I think it's best to go in with a open mind and not let tiers influence your decision. In my opinion piphi, chio and theta do have the best sisterhoods based on what I've seen. Maybe axid too I don't know any of them

By: Just try it
#3  by: pan love   

Be yourself in recruitment and you will end up where your meant to be.Too many girls go through recruitment not who they really are and end up unhappy. I choose a house that I love instead of a "top tier",and I love my sisters so much, they have my back and I have theirs. Being on the other side of recruitment this past fall I meet a ton of pnms(potential new members) that loved my house but choose to focus more on being in a top tier; within a couple of weeks to months I got multiple messages saying that they made the wrong decision.Then there are girls that opened there bid cards and were disappointed, but now are highly involved members of the chapter. Remember once your initiated into a Panhellenic Chapter your not allowed to join another, chapter.Follow your heart and not some fictional system.

By: pan love
#4  by: This^^^^^   

SO many girls opt in for "top tier" and are so unhappy later. I am not saying that everyone is unhappy, but there are more than you would think. If you notice from these boards or even asking around, those tiers are not known for their sisterhood. Its something you need to think about-do you want to spend 2-4 years with catty sisters who are critical of every move you make, or someone where you feel at home?

By: This^^^^^
by: ^^^Apr 3, 2016 11:48:06 PM

this could also be looked at the other way. i joined a top tier sorority but not for the fact that it's top and i love it. i feel comfortable around my sisters and have made so many great friendships. you'll end up where you belong regardless of ranking :)

By: ^^^
#5  by: Curious   

Thanks for the feedback everyone but let me rephrase, I'm totally not interested in actual tier status. I was asking about what everyone thought about the quality of sisterhoods.

By: Curious
by: okMar 28, 2016 11:35:37 PM

in my opinion you can't judge each sisterhood next to each other. I only know what goes on in my chapter. the only things i know about other sisterhoods is what my friends in other chapters say. each chapter has a different quality of sisterhood. none of which is bad. every chapter is special. its not fair to say that one sisterhood is better than the other.

By: ok
#6  by: hi   

like everyone above me said, go in with an open mind and BE YOURSELF!!! I knew I chose the right sorority when I could sit down with a girl and have a REAL conversation where I wasn't nervous and did not have to work to impress them

By: hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.