facebook

top feeder high school in austin

by: ATX

In terms of "feeder" schools for the top fraternities (SAE FIJI KSig SigEP), what Austin area high school would y'all say is the best represented/most prestigious? I would put St. Stephens, St. Andrews, and Austin High at the top and Westlake a bit below them. Do y'all agree?

Posted By: ATX
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: HookEm   

I agree. Although St. Stephens and St Andrews don't send as many guys to UT every year (a lot of them go to high academic private universities), I would say that the ones who do end up at UT are from traditional, old money families and are blue chip prospects. Austin High I'd say is slightly below these two, just because the high school is so divided, although it is worth noting that many of the Tarrytown guys who go to Austin High end up in FIJI. Westlake is ultra wealthy, but typically a bit more new money, so a lot of them pledge SigEp instead of FIJI SAE and KSig.

By: HookEm
by: Correct^Nov 4, 2013 11:28:11 AM

Agreed. Look at the recent St Steves and St Andrews alums at UT and their prominence. Bill Powers' son went to St Stephens and is in SAE along with some of his buddies from high school. St. Andrews had Dodds' grandkids. I'd say that St. Andrews is better represented in FIJI, but St. Stephens more so in SAE.

By: Correct^
#2  by: ^^^^^^   

GR threads again. Come on UT Greek! Don't be a part of their issues to cause more problems...

By: ^^^^^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.