facebook

caught my attention

by:    

Why are the top tier fraternities so defined and obvious, yet every sorority thinks they are top tier?

Posted By: Interesting
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Because fraternities don't have quota and are a lot more diverse than sororities.

By: Reasons

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Mostly what #1 said but with sororities there is a debate of what defines top tier (classy, attractiveness, etc.) where with fraternities it's a pretty open and shut case

By: Also
#3by:    

formal sorority rush evens the playing field.

Fiji, SAE, KS and SigEp physical houses are ten folds better than any other fraternities. They only rush kids from the most prominent schools in the state as well as wealthy small town Texas kids (good 'ol boys). These type kids know who the top tier are and do not rush anywhere else.

Everyone else grabs cool guys that can fit in and afford dues. Usually first generation greeks from suburban areas that did not know much about rush coming in.

It really isn't a fair process for those not in the right circles......wait I sound like Obama

By: well
by: There're   

Kids from a lot of the feeder high schools sprinkled throughout the middle tiers as well as a fair number of legacies and kids with money who happened to live in South or West Texas or out of state. It's not like the falloff is as drastic as you make it out to be. It's definitely easier to identify the top tier fraternities due to their houses, which because of the insane prices in West campus are the only really great ones (along with Omicron and ZBT's).

By: There're
by: @They're   

I'd say it's more than just the physical houses. Most guys i've met in the top tier just carry themselves differently. I don't know why.

One of the most surprising things I've noticed is the middle tier guys really care a lot more about their fraternity than the top tier which I would think it would be the other way around

By: @They're
by: GS   

I rarely see the top tier guys represent on campus, they're very low-key about it. Only times I see them are when someone has a SAE jungle shirt, Fiji Island shirt or one of the KS shirts. Also when I do see them, they're dressed like normal people, not like a TFM commercial wearing every single stereotypical fraternity piece of attire.

By: GS
by: I see    

Kappa Sig's wearing letters a lot more often than the other 3, and there are always hot girls wearing their stuff around campus so they must be doing something right. I'd say the average fraternity guy on campus on the average day isn't dressed like a TFM cartoon.

By: I see

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.