facebook

freshman with college hours

by:    

I know I am not unique and beautiful snowflake and that other girls have gone through recruitment as freshmen with college hours. I have just been accepted for NEXT fall and will be graduating high school with 36 hours. I will be a freshman, but will be classified as a sophomore after fall semester. Will this be held against me in recruitment since I might be out in three years? I am sure many others have had this exact situation. Can't wait to be at UT...wish it was NOW!

Posted By: Curious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

will effect anything, but you could just wait until semester starts to claim the credits to be safe.

By: Doubt it
#2by:    

If those are AP credits, it is not necessary to claim all those hours before school starts. I would claim the ones you need to register (ie if you got out of chem 1, chem 2, and chem lab and you need to take ochem, do that) but otherwise, if you are trying to claim random psychology or history credits, I would wait until after school starts. There's no benefit to do it before vs after. When you register for recruitment, just make sure to put under 30 hours so you will fall into freshman classification.

By: UT

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: ^   

Don't worry about that, it really isn't sneaky or anything. If it's you're a first year that's what matters, and if anything claiming all the hours right away could just accidentally get you marked as a sophomore when you really aren't.

By: ^
#3by:    

Good advice! I don't want to feel sneaky. I am in no hurry to graduate and plan on taking it easy freshman year. The hours were more about class ranking than actually getting ahead in school, though that is a good thing.

By: Thanks!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.