facebook

what does it take to rush a sorority as a junior?

by: Rushing

Since I feel like a lot of sorority girls get on here, what should a girl do to have a chance at getting a bid to a sorority her junior year other than SDT? Any positive advice would be great. And I know next fall is FAR away, but I just want to know my chances now

Posted By: Rushing
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: UT   

16 juniors went through this year. Very few got a bid. You need to have a very good GPA and connections, connections, connections

By: UT
#2  by: Network   

Network Network Network, as cliche as it sounds...

By junior year its expected that you know people that are in greek life (running in the same circles), or else what have you been doing with your time. Girls are usually only selected if they are a standout candidate that slipped by, but her friends convince her to rush.

Whether you know members now or not, take the time to meet more, because it will help when decisions are made on a bid.\n\n\n\n\n

By: Network
#3  by: True!   

But some juniors did get a bid. Give it a shot. Reach out to all your Greek friends. It is tough, but not impossible. Good luck!

By: True!
#4  by: Rushing   

My roommate and I will both be juniors going through rush but she rushed this year, pledged, and then depledged her sorority because they were not the greatest to her. Are we both on the same level to getting a bid or is it going to be harder for her?

By: Rushing
by: UTSep 20, 2013 11:25:56 PM

It will be harder for her

By: UT

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.