facebook

ole miss

by:    

since we are playing ole miss this weekend I thought i'd ask.. what are the best sororities there?

Posted By: texassorority
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

i heard kappa delta is top there.. which is weird because it's not very good here. i also heard that theta is not good there

By: 13456789876543
by: ^   

It's not weird really, KD is great in the South with the exception of Texas.

By: ^
by: Horns   

And Theta is strong almost everywhere but most southern schools. Theta at Ole Miss is like SDT is here. Very -uh- diverse.

By: Horns
#2by:    

my sister goes there and she's a tri-delt i've been a few times and from what i've asked and seen DDD, KD, and XO are the top houses and DG is right behind

By: sisofolemiss

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

yeah the story goes if you head east (Southeast) its the oppposite

Pi Phi Kappa and Theta are are "bottom"
KD, DG, Aphi etc. are good

but I think in recent years the playing field has leveled out, because of the Texas girls still wanting PKT

By: texas
by: Uhhh no.   

APhi and DG (outside of Mississippi) are not that big in the South. Theta is not, Pi Phi is kind of hit or miss, but Kappa is top tier at half of the SEC schools. KD, ADPi, Phi Mu, ChiO, DDD, Kappa and Zeta are all big in the South.

By: Uhhh no.
by: hmmm   

texas girls do not go pkt on purpose at ole miss.... they want the best at the school they are at and when they get cut from top tier they use pkt as an excuse

By: hmmm
#4by:    

KD, ADPi, Phi Mu, ChiO, DDD, Kappa and Zeta are the traditionally Southern sororities. Texas girls still go PiPhi and Theta because the top houses don't take out of state for some reason

By: yes
by: i'm from texas   

and i even know that ole miss has the second most competitive rush behind alabama.... ut has a fabulous greek system but they are not as strong as SEC greek life. 1,400 girls are rushing for only 9 sororities. so the top three (xo, kd, dd) are extremely hard to get into. they are much more competitive than pkt (sorry)

By: i'm from texas
#5by:    

Anyone can get into Ole Miss so with that said, anyone can get into their sororities.

By: Who Cares!
by: you're kidding   

Just because the school is easy to get into doesn't mean sororities are. Ole Miss does Greek way bigger and better than UT and it's just as competitive if not more so. Grades don't equal social success.

By: you're kidding
by: Well   

Ole Miss does it better, but places like Ole Miss, Bama, and Georgia are anomalously strong, partially because they have much more supportive administrators. Ever since UT decimated the Greek system in the 80s and 90s, we have a pretty loose affiliation with them, and essentially no actual recognized events with them (homecoming, Greek week, old Round Up) anymore. Round Up now is essentially permitted and regulated by the school, but not sanctioned and lacking some of the features it used to have. Despite all that, we manage to maintain one of the stronger Greek systems in the country, and the caliber of girls and guys who rush at UT is pretty high. With school support or an actual Greek row, we would probably compete with those schools again.

By: Well
#6by:    

Point well taken!

By: ^^^^
#7by:    

from what i've been told ole miss greek is something like:
sororities:
xo/kd/ddd
dg
phi mu/kappa
pi phi/aopi
theta
adpi(colony)

fraternities:
sigma nu/KA
sigma chi/phi delt
kappa sig/ato
pike/sae
sig ep/phi psi
delta psi/beta
sigma pi/phi tau/pi kap/chi psi....etcetc

By: tiers
by: agree   

this is really spot on^^^

By: agree
by: Horns   

ADPi will be better than Theta once they colonize. Theta is that bad there.

By: Horns
by: where is   

Sigma nu,ka, sigma chi, and phi delt at UT???

By: where is

Sigma Nu- upper or top tier in the 80s and prior, kicked off and had a failed attempt to reestablish. KA-it's remnants are Texas Omicron, KA itself is gone. SIgma Chi- upper middle tier, strong but generally disliked by other fraternities for being try-hards with an inflated sense of how great they are. Phi Delt- used to be the top house for a century until declining and getting kicked off. Currently lower middle tier and slowly working their way up.

by: to the envious   

loser....since when is "trying hard" and having a sense that you are important and possesing a positive self-image is a bad thing

By: to the envious

Butthurt Sigma Chi pledge. Putting in effort and being a try hard aren't the same thing.

#8by:    

what is kd/xo/ddd like here?? those are the top ones at ole miss. i know they're not the best here but what is their reputation like

By: hmmm

XO and DDD are kind of the lower top tier I guess. DDD reputedly had a poor rush while XO had a great one. KD is probably lower middle tier, but are doing pretty well lately.

by: There's   

not really a difference between XO/DDD and PKT. The whole PKT concept has been fading more and more. They all are considered prestigious.

By: There's
by: Yeah   

in some ways they're arguably better than at least some of PKT.

By: Yeah
by: ???   

Not true.

By: ???

Yeah, overall better looking and more social than maybe any of PKT, definitely at least Pi Phi. Better grades than 2/3.

by: longhornz   

ddd is known for being goody-two shoes/bible beaters. xo is known for have reallly pretty girls and lots of cheerleaders <<<<< both xo and ddd are top tier right behind pkt. kd is middle/lower middle tier. they don't have a bad reputation they just kind of go under the radar and have average girls. very sweet but you just don't see them much. i would say that they're improving though

By: longhornz

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.