facebook

sororities

by:    

How do the pledge classes stack up?

Posted By: tx
Page 5 of 5
#41by:    

how kappa and theta get off scot-free for zip code cuts. hate on pi phi continues....

By: love
by: ^   

It's the Dance Party. They're hardly the only house who do zip code cuts, but they're the most in your face about it, and seem to be worst offender. Bad PR even if they're exactly the same.

By: ^
by: envy   

Jealousy makes everyone look petty. You got what you got so move on.

By: envy
by: Who cares   

how a chapter does their membership selection. That is their business--just as it is for every other sorority. In the end, everyone has a method, and they have to do something to be able to eliminate 50% of the women after the FIRST DAY. If your chapter is in that position, one of the easiest ways to do it is to have a target market (zip codes/high schools can be a strong benchmark of financial/family support, etc.) because there is no way to make a decision to cut half the girls in rush just by meeting them for 10 minutes! So I don't think anyone begrudges Pi Phi (or any other group) for how they make their cuts. At least I do not, and I am not in any of the "top" houses.
The problem lies in how they TREAT the people who are essentially guests in their home. The "dance party" is just RUDE and feeds into all the negative stereotypes that anyone might have of the greek community and fosters zero goodwill among girls who are guests in their home who ultimately go on to pledge other houses. There is no reason that they can't have a casual conversation with someone for 10 minutes, just like every other house. That is the reason for the "hate" and the "hate" will continue for this practice until it stops.

By: Who cares
#42by:    

Stop with Core 4, it should be Core 2, DG and AXO. ADPi and APhi aren't even close to DG/AXO... so Core 2 regardless of whether or not it rhymes.

By: no
by: Laughable   

So does it hurt that much to be NOT in Big Six, DG???? Please. Stop trying to make Core ANYTHING happen. It's ridiculous.

By: Laughable
by: Pi Phi Panties   

Sounds like a Pi Phi has her lace panties in a wad. Get over it.

By: Pi Phi Panties
by: wso   

I'd rather be in DG than Pi Phi, Pi Phis are kind of big

By: wso
by: Whatever!   

You all sound ridiculous. Enjoy your sisterhood and just shut the hell up.

By: Whatever!
by: Whatever!   

You all sound ridiculous. Enjoy your sisterhood and just shut the hell up.

By: Whatever!
by: Regina   

Seriously DG, fetch is not going to happen.

By: Regina

Core 4 is a ridiculous term. Honestly, the difference between top and bottom houses is getting smaller every year. AXiD, for instance, made quota this year to my knowledge, and also got one of the best looking pledge classes. They are supposedly a bottom house, but they seemed to do better in rush than several middle tier groups. We don't need a "core 4" or probably even a big 6 because the differences get smaller by the year. The top tier (big 6) probably isn't about to change, but the middle tier looks volatile with houses like AXiD and KD looking stronger and other houses like ADPi and DG kind of coasting. Just my take on what I've seen.

#43by:    

Same goes for Big 6--it's just easier to say "Big 6" than type kdfj, dkf,jdfk, dnfka, dk, and dkfl;a every single time. It is what it is
Just goes to prove that we have NO IDEA who is really trolling GR.

By: ha on
by: "Big Six"   

Was made up by Prudence Mackintosh of Texas Monthly, who wrote a legendary article about UT sororities in the mind-'70s.

By: "Big Six"
by: Ugh   

mid-'70s

By: Ugh
#44by:    

someone is called this and someone is called that! Honestly, who really cares! Somebody has some deep seeded issues. Calm Down and find your way back to 2013! LOL!
PS Old Prudence wrote an article in the Texas Monthly about a dog in the same issue! Bet that article was legendary too!

By: So....

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#45by:    

Best PCs: Zeta, AXO, DG... always the prettiest girls

By: yeah
by: When   

has DG been known for having a particularly attractive pledge class? They're ok. They're just one of the least fun groups to hang out with out of the relevant sororities.

By: When

There aren't really irrelevant sororities. Even the lower tier sororities mostly associate with mid/lower mid tier fraternities (except SDT).

#46by:    

DG's new pledge class is lacking. They had a lot of bad karma going into rush and got what they could get this go around. And Zeta set their heights too high and ended up with a strange mix of pledges. And that's just the facts! Sorry girls!

By: observation
by: Yeah   

several upper middle and top tier houses kind of botched rush this go round.

By: Yeah
#47by:    

my picks are: Chi O Kappa, Alpha Chi, A phi all did so well.. top girls
Second best: Theta,zeta,DG,
Third: DDD(what happened?), axd, adpi, KD

By: my pick
by: Drop   

DG and maybe Zeta down one, the "lower" tier houses on line three arguably did better than either. AXD in particular did quite well this year. Also, what did DDD do so wrong this year? I keep hearing their rush was very mediocre.

By: Drop
#48by:    

DG is actually pretty fun to hang out with and I can't wait to mix with them this year.

By: rmn
by: Rush is OVER   

It is what it is........This post is old. Quit trying to justify (and acting like you are a guy) why your Rush sucked!

Once Again.... and has been said over and over and over again.....

Best rush classes: chi o ,alpha chi, kappa , alpha phi
Second best : zeta , theta, tridelt,
Third best : axd( better than past years), kd,
Fourth best: dg( didnt make quota), ae phi ( some really pretty girls though)
Last( sorry but) sdt
And who really cares where pi phi ranked because they don't really rush( already have pledge class picked out)

By: Rush is OVER
by: Truth?   

Agree with the Kappa part.

By: Truth?
#49by:    

The best of the best is already established. Now move on and try again next year!

By: Agree with above
#50by:    

Yes, you got it right....the best of the best pledge class kappa, alpha phi, and alpha chi hands down!

By: Agree

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.