facebook

sdt

by:    

How many PNMs hot stuck going to SDT last night? How many were persuaded into listing them? How many will get stuck with bids and not show up for bid day?

Posted By: Curious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

keep using the term "stuck with". There's nothing productive about this post.

By: You
by: This forum   

isn't designed to be productive if you haven't noticed.

By: This forum
by: ^   

True, this just seemed purely out of spite.

By: ^
#2by:    

It"s true though.

By: D
#3by:    

The women that choose this chapter will get out of it, what they put into it. There is a place for this group at UT. We should HELP THEM GROW. ("Stuck with" has no place here. That language is for bullies.)

By: Be respectful
by: There is   

A place for SDT in Greek life, but formal recruitment isn't it. It's not really fair for their national/alumnae to make them compete head-on with the other chapters. Being a small, unhoused group that only COBs and provides a Greek experience for girls who wouldn't otherwise get to be in a sorority is their new normal. And there's nothing wrong with that.

By: There is
#4by:    

SDT is a strong national sorority and there's no reason to say girls get "stuck" with them. How would you like it if someone said that about your chapter ? I guarantee that your chapter is bottom somewhere.

By: SDT
by: That's    

really irrelevant. Of course, there are other chapters that are bottom, but what does that really matter if her chapter isn't?

I just see a tough path ahead for SDT where success isn't likely at all. It's that way for a lot of the bottom-tier fraternities. There's a lot of obstacles they have to navigate, some of which they have no control over. This isn't an easy campus to for a new greek organization to flourish, inevitably most of them will fail.

By: That's
by: Maren   

National yes, strong, no. Only TPA and AEPhi are smaller.
There are GLOs that would have been a much better fit for Texas.

By: Maren
by: They're not   

A new group -- they've been on campus as long as DG has and they've never been closed. Their national came last year to help them with recruitment because they were barely hanging on after losing their house (six or seven years ago).

By: They're not
by: ^^   

PSS, ASA, and AST are all smaller to my knowledge.

By: ^^
#5by:    

Completely rude post. Ut has such a strong greek system, even the 'worst' houses are filled with cute, accomplished girls. There's enough glory to go around, so there's no need to tear others down.

By: Longhornlove
by: I know   

you're trying to be nice and politically correct and everything.... but have you seen pictures of them? I agree from Chi-O to AZD, there's great, attractive girls in every sorority . When you look at SDT, it's like comparing an indian fraternity to an IFC fraternity.

I don't think they have much of a longer life here at UT.

By: I know
#6by:    

So how did they end up doing in formal? Will they be doing it again?

By: Outsider

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Nothing   

On their social media -- I'm guessing it didn't go too well.

By: Nothing
by: They're doing   

informal now, so I'm assuming pretty bad.

By: They're doing
#7by:    

I heard they have been around for a very very long time so they are not new. They had a rough path and are working themselves up again I think that takes time! Plus some of the girls I saw there are very pretty! I go to LSU(my brother goes to UT) and here we have Phi Mu which are great and UT doesn't so I think just because they are not as big as the others doesn't mean they cant be big somewhere else.... I'm sure all other sororities were small at some point and build themselves up.

By: Jonas
by: SDT   

Is strong at only a handful of schools -- U of Miami, Michigan, Syracuse, UPenn, and Cornell (their Alpha chapter).

By: SDT
#8by:    

I heard they gave out 30 bids. How many showed up to bid day? The world may never know

By: well
by: :(   

That's really sad. Wish them the best in open recruitment. I guess that's the best way for them.

By: :(

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.