facebook

what happens if i just don't go to bid day

by:    

What I mean specifically is if I go to bid day and do not like what is on my card, can I choose to just not go? I wanted to suicide between my two choices last night, but was talked out of it. Now I really think that was the wrong choice for me.

Posted By: Confused
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

No after you made selections last night you are bound to the house that bids you for a calendar year. You do not have to accept your bid or go to the house BUT you can not join any other sorority until formal rush next year. It may not turn out as well next year either, you may be completely released. I would go to the house and give them a chance you may decide you like them. All sororities have more in common than the non greeks. If you don't like your house then don't get initiated, you can drop and try again next formal recruitment ( you aren't eligible for any houses that spring recruit this year- IF there are any). So might as well give the house a try, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain! :)

By: Greek
#2by:    

...what above poster said! Last year a family friend did not get her top choice. She was not even going to go to the house that did give her a bid, but her mom convinced her to at least go to the bid day activities. She is so thankful she listened to her mother! She joined the sorority, loves it and is rooming with three of her sisters this year. All of the UT sororities are excellent and all have incredible young women in them. Go an meet the other new ladies regardless of whether you get your first or second choice!

By: ditto

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.