facebook

spirit groups?

by:    

Whats the difference between these clubs, I thought they all were spirit groups:

Tejas
Wranglers
Cowboys
Silver Spurs
Iron Spikes

Posted By: OOS
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I saw this topic on College Confidential:

talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-texas-austin/1194 338-mens-spirit-orgs.html

Seems pretty legit.. Texas Cowboys and Silver Spurts are the top men's groups. You can tell its important because on the fraternity websites like ZBT, Pike, Sig Ep, Sammy, they make sure they let you know that their men get tapped into those orgs. Those two groups have the prestige, money, tradition and history.. Its a big deal.

Wranglers - guys obsessed about athletics..

It looks like spikes is pretty legit group, but not Greek

TEJAS - based off the "East Coast" intellectual clubs who do not want to be labeled as frat guys... Their guys get tapped into Cowboys so they do have some social standing. Good involvement and influential on campus

By: oos234
by: This   

summarizes it pretty accurately. The only addition would be that Cowboys are looked upon better than Spurs, but they're both impressive.

By: This
#2by:    

One of my buddies told me this told me this when I went to UT last year.. if you want to be a Cowboy/Spur, then either 1) join a top house and be at the top of the chain in your house since the top frats usually get men into Cowboys/Spurs each semester or 2) join TEJAS or Spikes or be independent and be in student government and network your ass off...climb the involvement ladder and prove your leadership on campus for Cowboys/ Spurs to select you..

By: oos234
#3by:    

Cowboys
Spurs
Wranglers

The rest

By: Order
#4by:    

Cowboys
Spurs
Wranglers

The rest

By: Order
by: Wranglers   

aren't relevant. If you like working out a lot, then fine, go join them. I'm sure you'll love the 5 AM work-outs. Otherwise, why would you consider them over other relevant organizations? Not much social standing, not a noteworthy alumni network, and no power on campus.

By: Wranglers
#5by:    

Go for it

By: agree^^^

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.