facebook

fraternities

by:    

I have liver disease so I am not allowed to drink, but would like to pledge a fraternity. Will I have any troubles getting a bid if I don't drink at all? Any fraternities in the top 10 that do this? Will they understand, or will they just not let me join because I don't drink?

Posted By: Hunter
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Do dry pledges. But you will be looked down upon. Even though you have a very legitimate excuse.

Drinking and fraternity life are heavily engrained. Maybe join byx?

By: Some fraternities
#2by:    

it is a legitmate excuse, and yes some fraternities do have dry pledgeships. Just ask the members/rush shirts and they should be able to give you an honest answer.

By: Go and ask

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

strongly consider BYX if you're not going to drink. Most of the top-tier and middle-tier fraternities would more than likely not be interested.

By: I'd
#4by:    

BYX is a little different than the typical fraternity experience.

If its what the original poster is looking for then great, he should definitely join them.

But if the only problem about drinking is the liver disease thing, then he should look continue to look for fraternties that will understand the situation. It's not that he is against drinking, its just that he can't physically drink.

Just ask the rush chairs, yeah some will probably drop him on the spot from their rush list, but others will be more understanding, you would be suprised.

By: Go and ask
#5by:    

There are a few pledges here and there in top frats that are doing a dry pledgeship.

By: UT
#6by:    

Kappa Sig dry pledges a few kids each fall. Usually very special circumstances (well connected, legacies, and lots of money)

By: ya
#7by:    

a lot of the guys who I've seen trying to dry pledge either caved or just dropped because they weren't that into partying or whatever. If you like the social scene, but actually can't drink, there should be some houses that will take you.

By: I know
#8by:    

allows for dry pledging. However, they're already done with their recruitment.

By: FIJI

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.