facebook

phi gam vs fiji

by:    

I'm from the South and I've heard Phi Gam used instead of Fiji. A Phi Gam friend from Alabama said Fiji is generally used in the northern states and Southern Phi Gamma deltas called themselves Phi Gams and not Fiji. Do folks use the Fiji nickname across Texas or is it just at UT? Jus wonderin'

Posted By: Vicksburg
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Bama and UNC are the only Southern schools that I know of that use Phi Gam. Even Auburn calls them Fiji.

By: Dude

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

I heard it has something to do with the chapter being chartered before and after 1894, when the Fiji name was adopted by the national organization.

Auburn's chapter was found after 1894, Alabama before 1894.
But that still doesn't explain Texas.

But I could be wrong ///

By: 1894?
by: ^   

A lot of their oldest chapters go by Fiji now though.

By: ^
by: Fiji is a lot   

More catchy than Phi (fill in the blank). There's too many fraternities that start it's phi something.

By: Fiji is a lot
by: 1894?   

Yeah that's what as kid from Alabama told me, and I think he is a Fiji

I like the Phi Gam better it makes them sound more greek, as opposed to the Acacia and Farmhouse names out there, and its more traditional

By: 1894?
by: Oddly enough   

Bama phi gamma delta 's website is thetafiji.

By: Oddly enough
#3by:    

It really doesn't matter what you call them...Fijis at UT are the best!!!

By: Greek
by: Funny   

That we have some very vocal groupies on here. Not every one is on the bandwagon.

By: Funny
by: UT Greek   

Fiji just sounds cuter! Just like the members :) !

By: UT Greek
#4by:    

Their referred to as Fiji-- think Louisiana too

By: In Texas and Oklahom

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.